• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indesit Dishwasher DIF 04B1

Hi,

We have an Indesit DIF 04B1 dishwasher.

This week it stopped mid cycle.

I removed the false door and was able to get it working but then it happened again.

By continuously opening and closing the door at different angles it worked again and went through a cycle but hasn't worked since.

Convinced it was the latch I bought a replacement but it still doesn't work.

The program lights come on and the program can be changed but when you close the door it should bleep to show the cycle is starting and it doesn't.

I'm convinced that the door is not closing properly but I can't see any gaps or issues.

Am I missing something, is there a sensor somewhere else?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

The Achille's heel of any and every dishwasher is the door wiring harness, generally less of a problem on better quality machines but something that affects all of them with age. Every time you open and close the door you effectively bend the whole of the door wiring loom through 90 degrees. Over time as the plastic insulation of the wiring hardens some of the cables can break. if you can remove the outer door panel then inspect the door wiring harness for breaks at the bottom edge where it bends.
    Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.

Comment

Cheers,

So if there is a problem it's a fairly simple replacement?

Comment

Depends......If there is a break it depends on exactly where it is, sometimes it is just a simple matter of cutting back the broken wire and reconnecting with a butt connector, possibly may need an extra piece of wire butted into the break. If you are unlucky and the break is very close to any part of the body of the machine then an effective repair can be difficult.

Comment

Cheers,

I'm off ill today so whilst I feel lousy if my wife got home and the dishwasher was working she'd be happy.

So it's the wires that go from the top down to the motor underneath behind the door.

I'll give it a go.

Cheers

Darren

Comment

Not just the motor, all of the base components, pump, heater, drain pump, fill and regen valves, mains terminal block, everything except the detergent dispenser and the control panel is in the base.

Comment

Hi.

There are 3 red wires all snapped.

How do i know which one goes with which one? Or can I do trial and error?

Comment

I can't add a photo as I don't have enough bandwidth here.

Comment

Not sure if I have a wiring diagram for that model, I will have a look later, trial and error would be a big mistake.

Comment

I do have a wiring diagram, only one problem it does not show the wiring colours only destinations. If you have access to a simple circuit tester and can trace the upper location of each individual wire on the control panel or main upper circuit board then I may be able to help.

Comment

I've identified the two upper wires which go to the tablet dispenser. That's not worked for a while.

The wires at the bottom seem to disappear into the bottom.

Comment

The wires to the detergent dispenser go to terminals 1 & 2 on block CN08 on the main pcb in the base. You still need to trace where the other wire terminates at both ends.

Comment

There are four other wires which run from that same main pcb connection CN08 up to the small control pcb in the console panel, it will be one of those that is causing the problem.

Comment

Thanks, my brother in law has a meter so he'll help out. There's another wire about to wear through.

Comment

Thanks for all your help. We got it sorted out yesterday. Much appreciated as it's a lot cheaper than a new one which my wife wanted.

Cheers

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X