Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG 60820 - Power cable

Hi all,

Have an AEG 60820, recently moved and when it was pulled out from the old place the power cable must have snagged and came straight out the back of it.

Cable & connectors look fine to me, figured I'd just open up the unit and connect it back up - but for the life of me I can't find where I might do that. Can't see any terminal box or open connectors for it.

Any ideas?

Cheers

chances are there will be a mains suppressor which will prob be a plastic tube (approx. 30mm dia) with electrical connections on it. find this and there will be space for your cable

you could post pics but they may be too small to see properly

Dave

Comment

From what I've managed to figure out there's two connections at the back, in a plastic bracket - literally the only two possible places power could go - takes Live/Neutral through a cylinder like you describe (although metal with no markings) then down to a relay (eberle 669808049) which splits off to the control board and water heater.

Machine powers on and runs with the Live/Neutral connected to them.

Question I have now is; would it matter which way around the live/neutral are connected to the terminals?

Comment

2 things

I looked up and the model I found is a washing machine but you have posted in a dishwasher forum
        which is it just to make sure we are talking about the same thing

also have you got the pnc number ( look on the model label)

Dave

Comment

Definitely a dishwasher.

PNC 91123251800

Comment

incomplete model
            there is an L60820 which is a washer
            yours is an FAV60820 which is as you say a dishwasher

Dave

Comment

wiring diag does not give a lot of info

seem to show live and neutral wires as brown and blue but shows the other wires connected to the block as the same colour

electrically it should not matter which way round the wires go but its nice for safety purpose to have all the switches ( relays) in the live side

I think you may have to take a guess but as with all modern appliances isolate it from the mains when not in use to reduce risks

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
              Working...
              X