Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch dishwasher SPS59L12GB/19 door catch

Hi,
    My Bosch dishwasher SPS59L12GB/19 starts the wash then soon stops before finishing. I'm confident it is because the door is not clicking closed, not locking. The catch above the door has a lever that is sticking up, receded into the frame lid. So I have bought a new catch (to fit into the frame under the lid) and the lock (to fit into the door if indeed it is required).

My question is how do I remove the lid on the SPS59L12GB/19 ? Owner's manual does not explain it.

I did book a Bosch engineer, Colin MacDonald, who came today and broke the two rear plastic clips trying to remove the lid, and then asked me if it was alright if he broke the front ones too to get it off. I said it was not ok to break it while fixing it and he left in a mood. Seems better to apply knowledge and some careful engineering. Your knowledge of the method will be very much appreciated.

well its ok to breaks anything provided he replaces the broken part free of charge. cant believe this is a Bosch enginner

have never broken a lid taking it off

have looked at part diagrams but does not give me enough detail to say how its held on. some just clip on and some you need to remove screws at the front first

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave. I expect Bosch design it to be simple and obvious. Correction to my post, the engineer was not Bosch registered but is a busy appliance engineer in my area. Perhaps even too busy to undo the screws. I'll look online to replace the clips he broke.

Comment

if you want parts breakdowns look here

https://www.bosch-home.co.uk/custome...ts/spare-parts

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
        Working...
        X