Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zanussi Dishwasher died, Model ZDT41, pnc 911 539 041 05

Hi, I have been using our Zanussi dishwasher for about 6 years but it suddenly died , the previous cycle completed with no issues. Now there is no sign of power, no lights etc. I checked and there IS mains voltage at the module / panel connection. There is continuity from the mains in through to the on / off switch and the ouput side of switch when turned on.
    I wonder if this is likely to be a faulty module? There is no sign of heating or damage on top side of board and I could not identify any "on board" fuse or cut-out.
    If it is the board, is it likely I could repair it? If not can I buy a replacement, I read somewhere that they have to be configured??
    I would really appreciate any advice please.
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Regards,
    John.

yes boards have to be configured but you can get pre configured boards with zanussi so it should be ok

have you checked for both live and neutral. most diy people test for live only but the board needs both to work

as for a fuse, there is a fuse on the board but its actually a fusible resistor. normally with a value between 40 and 100 ohms. it will be a biggish resistor as its normally around 3 watt rating
    if this has blow its likely the power supply chip has also blown

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,
      Thank you soo much for taking the time to reply to my post, very much appreciated. Yes, I did check both live and neutral for continuity to the switch, I also checked that both poles on the switch connected when switch is on. As there is power to the module but no sign of life and no lights alight would you consider that the problem MUST be the module? I did not see any sign of any resistor that might have blown. If the board is at fault, I see a company on Ebay are advertising a repair service for some 35 pounds, apparently the repaired board would not require configuring so a repair should be straightforward. I just wondered if you, (or anyone reading this), would think this a reasonable remedy to pursue.
      Thanks once more for your help, it is so gratifying to find altruistic people willing to give there time to help others!
      Kind regards,
      John.

Comment

considering a new board is 131
        that is pre configured but 100 more than a repair

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
        Working...