Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing heating element in Hotpoint

I have a Hotpoint Ultima FDD912 dishwasher that has stopped working with an A10 code.
    After researching what this could be, I have checked the heater element itself, OK with resistance of around 28ohm. The circuit over the connecter blades is open circuit.
    I'm assuming this means the thermostat has gone and so the whole heater needs replacing.
    I've found videos of how to do this, but the whole thing (heater & motor) looks different. Does this one just twist off the motor housing as in the video? Will I need new o-ring seals if there are any?
    Thanks

would need you complete model and commercial code to look up correct part as there are 4 machines based on the numbers given

good chance its this one but you need to check
    https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/c002...eating-element

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave,
      Number is 37544560000 S/N 81008 1748
      I have ordered that one from the shop. Its just how is it mounted onto the motor, is it a twist fit as shown for the alternative in the video? And will I need anything else to complete the replacement - apart from the hose clips (I have already destroyed the old ones!)?

Comment

yes will be a twist fit and hopefully no other parts needed.

you cannot buy the seal if its failed, if they think its needed they may supply one with the heater

not done one of these but looking at the part it does not look too hard. There will probably be a plastic tab locking it so you will have to look for that first

Dave

Comment

Can anybody help with a source for the hose clamps? I seem to be having great trouble finding hose-clips/jubilee clips with a 7mm wide band and 45mm diameter.
          Thanks

Comment

if its the crimp type clips you can re use them

where they are crimped carefully slack them off with a screw driver and you can crimp them back up with side cutters

Dave

Comment

Wow, I never expected hat. A modern dishwasher that has parts that are not only replaceable, but actually reusable!
              Thanks Dave.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
              Working...
              X