Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEKO DW600 - Not draining, flooded kitchen!

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEKO DW600 - Not draining, flooded kitchen!

Hi, I hope this isn't too much detail but might help! I went away for the weekend, came back late at night, went into the kitchen quickly, didn't turn the main light on and I remember thinking someone had spilled some water and not cleaned it up properly as there was a wet sound, it didn't sound like much and I was knackered so I went to bed.

The next morning I came down and there was more squelching I looked down and water was bubbling up between the engineered wood blocks when I put my foot down. My wife or I must have put it on before we went away, but I can't remember now if I opened the dishwasher door that morning or whether it was already open a bit but when I opened it fully a load more water came out and it was clear there was a lot of water in there.

I bailed it out left it. I gave it a thorough clean, took the arms off, cleaned the seals and then put it on a hot wash with a bowl of vinegar on the top shelf twice. I checked the filter which seemed largely clear and used a drain snake thing on the outlet pipe and checked there was water running freely from the outside drain, it is connected to the waste pipe for the kitchen sink. It looked a lot cleaner and both times it drained. I was nearby throughout in case it started leaking. We started cautiously using it again until a couple of days later we opened it and it was full of water again, this time it hadn't escaped out but we haven't used it since.

I'm always up for trying to repair stuff rather than keep buying more but wondered if anyone had any ideas before we fork out for a new one or a repair person

Thanks

Ben

"Hi, I hope this isn't too much detail but might help! I went away for the weekend, came back late at night, went into the kitchen quickly, didn't turn the main light on and I remember thinking someone had spilled some water and not cleaned it up properly as there was a wet sound, it didn't sound like much and I was knackered so I went to bed."

from that I assumed you had not set the dishwasher to run before you left or when you came home. so the unit must have filled up while not in use

then the prime culprit must be the water valve letting water in slowly just like a dripping tap

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
    Working...
    X