Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotpoint DWF30/P not heating

Hi,

I have a Hotpoint DWF30/P which has recently stopped heating during use. I have accessed the Heater Unit and measured 22ohms between the two outer terminals so don't think it is the heating element. Above the Heater Unit there is another electrical device with two red wires (one connected to one side of the heater element and the other to the pcb) and two green wires connected to the pcb. Is this the thermostat and if so how to I test it in situ?

Most common cause of no heat on these machines is due to failed solder joints on the control pcb.
    Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Repairable or new pcb?

Regards

Ben Jak

Comment

A Bosch based machine, was subject to a recall some years ago due to the pcb setting on fire. Pcb will more than likely be NLA or a silly price if it is available. I have resoldered them in the past but stopped doing it due to the known fire risk. Worth having a look at the pcb just to confirm diagnosis.

Its got to be quite an old machine now though.
        Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.

Comment

Yes it's getting quite old so thinking of replacing with a new one instead of repairing. Cheapest pcb I have seen is 165. I'll take a look at the pcb for anything obvious but don't want to spend on a replacement pcb if not 100% it is the cuase.

Thanks for the advice.

Ben Jak

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
          Working...
          X