Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siemens SE26T550GB/25 fills/drains but won't spray/wash

Hi - My Siemens will fill and drain OK, and the timer will run down through a cycle, but it never kicks into to actually washing/spraying through the rotors.

I have removed the right panel and removed and cleaned the pressure vessel (float cut-off mechanism). Replaced this and the problem is still there.

The machine fills to the correct level (ie you can open the door and the water is just below the level where it would spill out) but never starts a wash.

This happens on all cycles.

Any thoughts on next steps?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Siemens SE26T550GB/25 fills/drains but won't spray/wash

you need to find out if the motor is trying to start

can you hear it humming.

you could take the side off and see if the motor is free to turn (unplug first)

Dave

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes, there is the sound of an electric circuit engaging for maybe 10 seconds, then it cuts out, then it periodically tries again, while the programme timer runs down.

I just ran a rinse cycle, during which the above occured. The cycle finishes, signalled by the beeps, but no rinse actually takes place.

Comment

Power off, RH side panel off and try to rotate the motor using a small screwdriver against the cooling fins of the rotor. It should turn easily so don't force it if it doesn't lest you damage the motor. The motor will have seized solid so it's time to get hands on and take it right out. If you see any sign of corrosion under the motor/pump unit then yes it has seized most likely. Fixable usually but faffy

OR it could just be the 10mf capacitor bolted to the motor that has failed (replacement part no: 00167235)

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
        Working...
        X