Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to buy General Electric Fridge Freezers in the UK?

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to buy General Electric Fridge Freezers in the UK?

I am trying to buy a General Electric Fridge Freezer but fromwhat I have gathered they are in limbo trying to find a new distributor within Europe.

Is there anyway to buy one now before they sort out this problem?

So far as I understand it, yes that is the current situation and I don't think there's any way around it at the moment.

Pity, good machines.

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Originally posted by kwatt
      So far as I understand it, yes that is the current situation and I don't think there's any way around it at the moment.

Pity, good machines.

K.
      Thanks for the reply.

Any other good makes to look at? I was thinking Maytag but once I read Whirlpool own them I assumed they wouldn't be up to much. Amana was another that I was looking at but they also seem to be owned by Whirlpool.

It looks like I'll end up with a top end Samsung that breaks down I guess

Comment

Re: Unable to buy General Electric Fridge Freezers in the UK

Until you go up the ranges in the Whirlpool brands and get a proper American fridge freezer you will get an Italian one. The easy way to spot it is that it will have the water filter in the grill at the base and will look like thisone.

You will find a plethora of other brands that use the same machines, Smeg, Hotpoint, Rangemaster and many, many more as Whirlpool sell them to those brands. And, you'll often find the price is hiked up as well with another name on it.

The top end Maytag's were still pukka units and pretty good.

All Admiral is now Whirlpool in disguise.

I'm not too sure on the Amana's but I know the cheaper ones are all Whirlpool.

The Samsung and LG units I don't rate at all, not even slightly.

The Beko... jury's out.

The Liebherr, very, very good but not cheap.

HTH

K.

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Britannia Living produce an American fridge freezer in a choice of colours. Bosch and Neff have now entered this sector as well with one apiece so far.

Could be worth a look at a John Lewis store if you have one close to hand.

HTH

Don
          Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.

Comment

I heard that the BSH ones had "issues" Don, don't know if it's been cured yet, hence I left it out.

The Brittania is made by GE so I have no idea what the story is on those for now.

K.

Comment

I`ll make some enquiries on the BSH ones then :wink:

Don
              Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.

Comment

On the Bosch front, the KAD62V50GB is now obsolete. KAN62V40GB no change for 2010, models KAD62S20 and KAD62V40, new versions due out in March.

Just waiting for the printed word which is due this week.

No news as yet on Neff.

HTH

Don

Comment

the brittania side by side is made by ge so if thats what you want look at the brittania website........you can even choose the colour

Comment

Originally posted by kwatt

The Samsung and LG units I don't rate at all, not even slightly.

The Beko... jury's out.

The Liebherr, very, very good but not cheap.

HTH

K.
                    Just jumping on this thread as we're looking at getting an american style f/f. We had seen the LGGWB 207FLQA which seeme dto get some good reviews but we've just seen a Siemens KA58NA40 which is on offer.

Are either of these any good?

Comment

I'm no fan of either Samsung or LG and it's well known I'm not. I think for good reason as they're not that good and spares as well as technical is not brilliant. Service support on both is at best patchy. Not what you want when investing a lot of faith in it.

Siemens is just a Bosch clone. Same thing, different badge.

But for now, beyond the Liebherr, there's very little available that stands out as being good with the loss of GE.

K.

Comment

I have a GE fridge which was fine for about 5+ years but the water dispenser now drips and I can't find anyone prepared or able to fix it. Would be worth checking out the availability of after-sales. Unless someone knows of a GE repairer in the South East|?

Comment

Hi

were abouts in the south east ??

it'll probably need a new water valve that we hold in stock.

Bryan
                          http://www.ffrservices.co.uk http://www.pandoserviceuk.co.uk

Comment

Brighton. Mendall refridgeration services in Newhaven said that was probably the problem but that the parts were impossible to obtain. If you hold the part maybe they (or could any refridgeration engineer do it?) could actually fix it.

Comment

frustrated you have a pm
                              http://www.ffrservices.co.uk http://www.pandoserviceuk.co.uk

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X