X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch fridge freezer bulb problem

We have a American style fridge freezer. The model number is KAN62V41GB/03

both bulbs have fused in the fridge.

I ordered 2 bulbs from a seller on eBay. The bulbs wouldnít work, it looks like each bulb is slightly shorter than the original and so the connection isn't made. So I sent them back for a refund.

I then emailed espares and gave them the model number and they send me the following link (see link below).

I even phoned espares and gave them the model number as the web page on the espares website wouldn't recognise my Model number to confirm compatibility of the part. But espares confirmed to me that the bulb would fit.

the 2 bulbs from espares came today and the same problem again. The bulbs appear slightly shorter than the original.

https://www.espares.co.uk/product/es...ampaign=basket

Can someone kindly point me to the correct part?

according to Bosch this is the correct lamp

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/appl...ht-fridge-bulb

part no 00612235

Dave

Comment

what worries me here is the lamps you were supplied with despite not being the genuine part should however work with no problems. when you say the lamps are short, if that means the glass part then this should not affect things as the lamp has a standard E14 fitting

when the old lamps went faulty did the filament just break or was there evidence of them going pop. I ask this because if a lamp goes with a pop its likely that the control board may have been damaged

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by electrofix View Post
        what worries me here is the lamps you were supplied with despite not being the genuine part should however work with no problems. when you say the lamps are short, if that means the glass part then this should not affect things as the lamp has a standard E14 fitting

when the old lamps went faulty did the filament just break or was there evidence of them going pop. I ask this because if a lamp goes with a pop its likely that the control board may have been damaged

Dave
        If you hold the original bulb against the espares bulb, the original bulb is slightly longer in height.

Comment

the only thing that matters for connection is the screw end. ignore the glass envelope or the overall length. If you look at just the screw bit is it the same ?

Dave

Comment

the only thing that matters for connection is the screw end. ignore the glass envelope or the overall length. If you look at just the screw bit is it the same ?

Dave
            https://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/0...ction-reviews/

ordered the above part from Bosch, Iíve not tried it as yet as I had to collect from the local Royal Mail sorting office, Iíll try tonight.

the silver screw bits and the black nipple at each end do look the same. Itís just that the blue coloured end on one bulb (the fused one) is just a touch longer than the bulb Iíve just received from Bosch.

im not confident it will work, unless of course both bulb sockets inside the fridge need repairing.

Comment

Dave
              I didnít realise the fridge had 2 bulbs, so 1 was fused perhaps 12-18 months ago and I never realised. The 2nd bulb fused about 12 days ago. Donít recall a popping sound. Just opened the fridge and darkness. Both fused bulbs were intact.

when I say the bulb is short, I mean the blue coloured glass part

https://www.4bosch.co.uk/product.pl?pid=2284084

in this review, sounds like one person had the same problem, and had a Philips bulb fitted to solve his problem
              Last edited by Katcher; 15-02-19, 07:44 AM.

Comment

well if its the solder nipple on the bottom of the lamp its easy to check with the old one

this E14 fitting is a fairly common in todays lamps have you got another fitting around the house you could check the lamp

Dave

Comment

Tried the Bosch ordered bulbs tonight and they both worked. One bulb when screwed in came on straight away, the other didnít and after fiddling with it, it came on.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X