Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG Freezer Tripping RCD

I have an integrated AEG Freezer (AGN71800F0) which is 6 years old. It has started to trip the RCD. I have plugged it into two separate circuits and it has tripped both. I have had an engineer out who has tested the plug, socket and the freezer itself. He has said that the problem may be due to earth leakage and that the freezer should be on its own circuit that is NOT protected by an RCD. This would mean I need a split load board. I have spoken to an electrician who has said that, legally, he is not allowed to install sockets that are not protected by an RCD. I am at a total loss as to what to do. Do I need a new freezer? If I buy a new freezer then surely the same thing will happen again. I need help!
    Last edited by electrofix; 01-05-19, 11:17 AM.

what the heck is this idiot talking about. the whole idea of a trip is electrical safety to stop fires and electric shock. I don't think much of an engineer who would even think about such an action. put it on its own RCD (RCBO) so it only trips itself and nothing else yes but in no way eliminate it all together

And yes in one sense he is right its an earth leakage fault. so one of the components has an earth fault and this would have to be traced and cured

the electrician is spot on. He is not allowed to give you an unprotected socket. If he did so and there was a resulting fire or someone got hurt he would be totally liable

if you still want to look at a repair try looking here for an engineer

https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/searc...iance-engineer

Dave
    Last edited by electrofix; 01-05-19, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Dave,

Thank you.

I did think that it was an odd statement for the engineer to make but apparently it was based on advise from Electrolux (the manufacturer of AEG) freezers. The engineer did test all the components and found odd readings on the compressor (it has an inverter compressor). At times it read fine but at others it dropped. The cost of replacing the compressor is astronomical and not economical at all. I will endeavour to find a new engineer or a new freezer!!

Comment

well I can say definitely that Electrolux would never advise anyone to remove an RCD

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
        Working...
        X