X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rondy
    started a topic What next with Beko?

What next with Beko?

I had a brand new Beko fridge freezer and within weeks lost all my frozen food, Beko sent an engineer out who replaced the gas cylinder. Now weeks later there is a huge build up of ice inside with some things stuck to the ice. I have tried putting the thermostat down to minimum for a week but still the ice builds up. Now what? Any ideas.

• Rondy
    replied
    Thanks Dave, the retailer offered us a different model, but we wanted this as it fits perfectly. Seems to be working fine so far.

Leave a comment:

• electrofix
    replied
    result

hopefully all will be fine now

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Rondy
    replied
    An engineer called yesterday and took pone look at the fridge freezer then said, we'll send another new one tomorrow. They've just gone and we now have another Becko freezer.

Leave a comment:

• Rondy
    replied
    I guess I have just been unlucky Dave, thanks for your advice.

Leave a comment:

• electrofix
    replied
    its not unusual for them to resist a change as it cost a lot more than you think to get it picked up and swopped and the old one disposed off. cost would be about double what you paid for it as its not only the cost of the appliance but the added costs of transport. staff and disposal

don't let it put you off Beko as there a lot worse out there.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Rondy
    replied
    So, now they are sending an engineer on Thursday. I asked for it to be changed but they said only if it was beyond repair. Looks like I bought a bad one, I won't be buying anything from Beko in future.

Leave a comment:

• electrofix
    replied
    it seems bad but put it in context

if all Beko fridges did this they would not be un business for long as the insurers would not give them cover for the guarantee.

the fault you have now could be a new fault. it could be not defrosting properly or the door letting in moisture

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Rondy
    replied
    I bought it in January, in April they changed the gas cylinder because it wasn't working and we lost 120 in food. Now it is building up with ice by the day even after turning it to minimum. I've just been to the retailer and she told me to ring up Beko for a repair. Two damn repairs in 4 months on a brand new machine. Ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• electrofix
    replied
    well its still under warranty so its their fault

how old is it ?

Dave

Leave a comment:

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
Working...