Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorenje crisper shelf trim

The front trim on the shelf above my crisper in my fridge freezer needs replacement (Gorenje RK 60359 OC-L)
    After a lot of searching I was eventually told by Gorenje that you cannot get the trim separately but need to buy a whole new shelf ( part number 446280)
    Not wishing to shell out £60 to in effect replace a trim I wonder if there is anyone out there with a similar problem and a fix. Given the range of Gorenje products I wonder if either another part will do the job or they make a similar part under a different brand name?
    Advice most welcome.
    Last edited by kwatt; 07-06-19, 06:40 PM.

I have no idea who gave you that price but it's way off base, if correct, it is a complete shelf only and costs a lot less than you've been told. It's this one:

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/4462...-crisper-shelf

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Many thanks-helpful. The £60 is acually £57.25 plus postage from a certain large national spares company on Gorenje's database.
      Your link £24 cheaper but still the complete shelf when I only need a £15 (?) trim.Further advice welcome.

Comment

The trim looks to be bonded to the glass or, should be, so you cannot buy that on its own at all from anywhere. Gorenje only lists the full shelf and nothing else at all and that is pretty common where they do that.

K.

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Fair comment..but mine has come off with a split along the rear seam.Hence my query,

Comment

I'm afraid the only way to get that trim is attached to the glass, no other option.

K.

Comment

Please forgive my confusion, but I was under the impression this is an open discussion forum - hence my original post seeking ideas from others who have experienced a similar issue.
              I rather get the impression that the only response so far is from a white goods agent/employee ( which s/he ought to declare) seeking to close the discussion for reasons I am unsure about.
              If anyone else has positive suggestions they would be most welcome.

Comment

one of the problems with any discussion board is someone has to have experienced a similar problems to be able to comment and members of the general public are unlikely to spend their time looking. Whilst K and myself work as full time professionals fixing various appliances. I have never seen your appliance despite over 40 years in the job but K has more access to info on this make than I have which is why I did not comment

as for declaring K is not hiding anything. look on the left of our posts you will see his title is administrator and I am a moderator. From my point of view I get no payment what so ever apart from the odd pint to say thanks

Dave

Comment

I don't know why you'd think there was anything nefarious as, if there was I could easily have priced that shelf within a few pounds of what you'd found or been told. I didn't, I was trying to do you a favour.

Fridge plastics are moulded specifically to fit the cabinet or door and do so to within a fraction of a millimetre, they have to absolutely bang on or they won't fit at all.

So for door shelves, if wrong they'll not fit or fall off. Drawers and shelves inside the same or they won't sit correctly where they should do.

From sizes, you cannot see this as they're all much the same size cabinet wise and internally you can find scores about the same but that's not to say that they would fit or fit correctly as the mouldings can vary wildly. From images, you've got no hope normally.

That means you need the bang on correct part for a particular cabinet or it will not fit. Pretty much, that's it.

You can choose to try other things of course if you so choose but, I can only tell you what will fit correctly as appropriate and, if there are alternatives, present them. For internal refrigeration parts, plastics, shelves etc referred to as furniture, there 99.999999% of the time isn't any as they are so exact by their nature as explained above.

Gorenje does not supply the trim as a separate part and there is not any way at all to track down anything that might fit in its place, even as a bodge job.

For those of us in the trade, we understand this and just accept it, you order the correct part/s or it won't fit.

K.
                  Last edited by kwatt; 09-06-19, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X