Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beko fridge freezer will not switch on

Can anyone help...
    I have a Beko fridge freezer which stopped freezing intermittently, when it was moved for further inspection it started to work again for a week or so, I switched it of and let it stand for two days before restarting and found all was good. three weeks later and guess what.. it stopped and wont turn on again, the compressor and fan are working when the black start signal wire at the main control board is disconnected from the board and powered up, both defrost elements are also working.
    reading through the forum ive got lots of good information about the fridge and freezer compartment temperature sensors but I am wondering if I can troubleshoot a little further first, the small temperature control adjustment in the fridge compartment only has resistance near the max position when tested at room temperature, all other positions are open circuit. I know this unit has minimal input but can it cancel out the compressor start up?
    can the fridge and freezer sensors be tested? both show no resistance when tested, can I simply order new sensors and connect to the circuit board to see if the unit starts up?
    Any help would be appreciated as I never worked on a fridge freezer before and value all feed back.

model number ??

Dave

Comment

Model No CDA539FW-2
      Serial No 1011343604

Comment

It's probably a sensor issue but I can't be absolutely certain.

The sensors used are:

http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/43947...dge-air-sensor

http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/43947...-fridge-sensor

K.
        "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

when trying to test the potentiometer what scale is your meter on

have a look at the pot and its likely there is a value printed on it. your meter has to be on a scale higher than this to read it

Dave

Comment

Good advice guys.
            Your right Dave, after using a different metre the potentiometer reads around 1K ohms at MAX position, but this value can fluctuates about 0.200K.
            It reads 45.6 K ohms at the MIN position so I assume this is fine?
            Ive also checked out both sensors, one is 12.30 K ohms and the other 12.70 ohms.
            is it fair to assume that they should at least enable to compressor to start and run?
            Kwatt I don't mind ordering both sensors but it would be nice to rule out either the control board or sensors if possible, cheers for the above link.

Comment

when you say the other sensor is 12.70 ohms or should it say K ohms ?

Dave

Comment

Sorry Dave, itís 12.70 K ohms

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                Working...
                X