Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush BFFF54170W, FF Fridge Freezer, Running VERY cold, the fridge freezes things.

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush BFFF54170W, FF Fridge Freezer, Running VERY cold, the fridge freezes things.

We have a 6ft tall Frost-Free Fridge Freezer, 50/50 split. Its a Bush BFFF54170, about 5 years old.
    There seems to be a few people with simliar issues on similar fridge/freezers, different brands.
    The fridge compartment is getting too cold, and freezing some of the items.
    We have had a few exploded cans of coke (I'll take a picture of the mess next time it happens), and a few solid cartons of milk.
    Ive adjusted the thermostat to "warmest" setting (1) but no different. Tried at 5 too, also no change.
    In a few places I've seen people say "switch it off for a bit". I tried that, left it off for 3 days but made no difference.
    Ive checked all the drain and vent areas. Even when it was off for three days, only a small amount of water was in the rear drip tray.

I got a replacement the electronic thermostat board, cost 40, and an easy job to do (20 mins) searched for "20BD01-6" as per the existing board.
    On UK Whitegoods website I see there are TWO type of this board now. SKU 32031542 -which seems to be my exact type, looking at the pictures, and SKU 32019889 -looks identical but has one connector (PL804) with the locking clip on the other side. That is the board I had a try with, and nothing changed, still a freezing fridge section.

I've put temp gauges in the fridge and freezer. The freezer is around -28C (too cold ?), with the fridge around 0.5C, but I've see it at -2.2 once !
    The fridge/freezer is obviously very good at chilling and freezing, so the issue seems to be with temp regulation.
    It seems an awful waste to have to scrap and replace it.

Could the fault still be the control board, and I need to try the proper unit ?
    But it would not be returnable if it didnt fix the fault.
    Or is there other areas to check first, like thermistor/temperature probes? But where are these, how do I access them ?
    Would anyone have an exploded diagram, or parts list ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers. Colin.

Sounds more like a thermistor fault rather than a module and I'd need the serial number to verify it but, it should be this one:

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/serv...rmistor-sensor

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Hi K.
      Thanks for your reply.
      From the label inside the fridge section, The Serial num is 1167114400011332230026.
      Re the Thermistor Sensor, whereabouts is this installed in the fridge/freezer ?
      Could you give any guidance on how to get access to replace it ?
      Any and all help appreciated.

Cheers.
      Attached Files

Comment

That is the thermistor used in it but there is no detail on where it is or how to get to it but, it's not a long cable and has to connect to the board so I'd guess in the fridge at the top/back somewhere.

K.

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

The circuit board is fitted inside the centre of the top of the fridge, with one multipin connector to wires disappearing into the void above.
          The multipin connector then fans out to three connectors onto the circuit board.
          I cannot attached a picture, as I have no storage available !

So if anyone has any guidance on how to get into the surround of the unit, to follow the wires inside the fridge casing, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Comment

Found the blow-out but it's off no use as that part's not shown on there as is the case with a number of them.

K.

Comment

Hi K,

Does the blow-out show any of the layers or areas which may be removalable ?
              Can you share it with me anyway, it may help me in dismantling the top fridge section.

Cheers.

Comment

No, there is absolutely no detail or no clues at all as to where that sensor is located, it's of absolutely no use to you in that respect. It doesn't show you how it's dismantled, only the bits in it and no more which is pretty much the module housing and shelves.

K.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                Working...
                X