Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch Integrated FF issue

Advice sought, please. I have a Bosch integrated FF, E-Nr: KIV32X23GB/02, it is 2.5 years old. A few days ago it lost all cooling. I contacted an Euronics shop and told them the issue, the guy on the phone said it sounded like it would need replacing. I arranged for a repair engineer from Euronics to attend today to physically have a look. Unfortunately I am currently in Spain so my son dealt with the visit. The engineer has said that the FF has ‘lost gas’ and that it can’t be repaired.
    Is this a regular occurrence in that it has only lasted 2.5 years and is it a total write off?
    My initial thoughts are that whilst the guarantee is 2 years, it should last longer than that, I paid 610. Your thoughts please? Thank you.

no a regular occurrence as far as I know

I assume no one had a knife anywhere near the freezer at any point. did the engineer give any indication where it may have leaked from ?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by electrofix View Post
      no a regular occurrence as far as I know

I assume no one had a knife anywhere near the freezer at any point. did the engineer give any indication where it may have leaked from ?

Dave
      Thanks for responding Dave, can you just clarify if it is or isn’t a regular occurrence, please? No knifes near the freezer as far as I am aware, certainly not from me. No indication from the engineer re leak.
      i rang Bosch this afternoon to raise it as a complaint, they said that they will probably want their engineer to go have a look (100). They said that as it’s only a 2 year guarantee it’s not covered. When I mentioned consumer law being longer the guy started backtracking and said they would look into my complaint. It’s frustrating that out of 6 items Bosch and Neff, 2 have packed up, fortunately one was just in warranty.

Comment

no its not common as far as I know otherwise these forums would be alive with it

as for consumer law your complaint is with the retailer. You have a contract with the retailer in as much as goods and money changed hands. The manufacturer does not have to do anything as its out of warranty but some will for good will purposes and customer relations
        what you have to argue is the product is not of merchantable quality and is not fit for purpose if it is only going to last 2 years.As with most laws its based on what the reasonable may would expect and the reasonable man would expect a fridge freezer of this quality to last longer then this

Dave

Comment

An update for you. Bosch wanted 100 for an engineer to visit, so I got an independent engineer to check for 30 who confirmed no gas. I contacted Bosch who stated they still needed their engineer to visit. I raised a complaint re the FF and organised an engineer to visit, which took place yesterday. He arrived an hour late but within 10 mins had confirmed what the independent engineer had said. I’m currently away from home so my son was in to deal with him. The engineer rang me and said he would not be charging the 100 call out fee and that as the FF was only approx 2.5 years old he would be recommending a ‘concession’ to their customer services but would not know what the concession would be. Today I received an email from Bosch CS stating they would replace my FF with an identical model and that they would only charge me 174 including delivery and disposal of old machine.
          174 is the cheapest price I could get a new FF for if Bosch said sorry it’s out of warranty, so I will probably be accepting their offer, the original price I paid was 610. So my thoughts are that they have dealt with it fairly quickly and reasonably fairly. Thanks for your previous advice, appreciated.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
          Working...
          X