Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luxair Extractor Fan CVD ST pulses when lights on

Hi there I have a Luxair extractor fan. The fan works just fine until i turn the lights on and then it pulses. It doesn't matter what speed setting it's on. Any ideas what is happening?

Re: Luxair Extractor Fan CVD ST pulses when lights on

do the lights pulse as well ?

Dave

Comment

Yes. Both work well on their own but pulse when on together

Comment

will be the pcb faulty

dave

Comment

Thanks - is that easily fixed?

Comment

you would have to ask luxair for a price and availability but should not be difficult

board may be able to be repaired but i would have to see it

Dave

Comment

I have the SAME problem. The lights are fine, the extractor is fine.
              Both on at the same time and the lights stay on fine but the extractor pulses at any speed. If I turn off the lights the extractor is fine.

Looking at the generic circuit dragram on this site for cooker hoods it shows

1) a 12v transformer for the lights
              2) a controller board that supplies the fan (assume its mains) and the light transformer

With this type of fault is it always the controller or could it be the step-down lighting transformer?

It is hard to open up CDA curved glass chimney type hood to expose the light transformer and controller board (is it part of the keypad?)

The board level repairs are they bad electrolyics I should look for?

Did the OP get their problem fixed?

Thought I'd ask before trying to take things apart!

Unit looks like this with halogen at the rear as seen in this photo

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooker-Curved- ... B007OXVJKQ

Not sure how to open it up or find the part number its not on the Amazon listing.

Comment

its not the transformer it will be the board

its the power supply to the board could be bad electrolytics depends on the type of power supply

Dave

Comment

Did you get this fixed? I have exactly the same issue.

If it was the board, where is that located and can you get a replacement?

Thanks!

Comment

Buy cooker hood grease and carbon filters

Did you know that carbon and replaceable grease filters should be replaced every six months or, approximately sixty hours of use or they are ineffective and degrade performance? You can buy replacement carbon cooker hood filters including many cheap compatible hood filters in our store here to fit all major cooker hood makes

Carbon cooker hood filters for most cooker hoods including popular makes like AEG,
                                 Hotpoint, Elica, Baumatic, Bosch and many more
                    from the state of this thread this looks like a common problem. none of the posters above have got back with a solution. I still think is a board power supply problem, as on their own they are ok, but turn them both on and it fails. imagine a low battery that can power 1 item but gets too low when you turn 2 items on

part for this will probably have to come direct from luxair themselves unless the board can be fixed

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X