Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoover Diagnostic 'Tool'

Hi,

I live on a remote island off the west coast of Scotland where getting anything electrical repaired is a real problem as engineers will generally simply not come out here. I work part-time for the island estate as a general handyman.

I have a fair degree of electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience.

We have a Hoover Visiontech Infinity VTV 590NC-80 clothes dryer which has developed a fault. It apparently 'just stopped working' (no lights or anything) and on replacing the PCB it now starts for about 10 seconds (drum rotating and heat produced - it draws ~9A from the mains with drum rotation and heat and ~ 0.8A drum rotation alone) before all the LEDs start to flash every second, all-together, the drum stops, the heat stops and then the drum starts again but with no heat and the lights continue to flash until the machine is turned off. So it appears to go into some sort of fault mode.

I have so far replaced, the PCB (twice), the non-resettable (fuse?) thermostat (on the front next to the fluff filter box) the NTC sensor (in much the same place), the mains filter (on the mains supply cable) and the heater element which comes complete with 2 other thermostats as a complete unit. In fact the only electrical component that I have not replaced (yet) is the motor. The door switch tests as OK with continuity when door is shut and none when open.

The unit is in generally very good condition being a bit more than 1 year old.

Questions:-
    1/ Does anyone have any ideas as to what to try next to get it going? We only have the one dryer of this type so swapping bits off a working one is not possible.

2/ I am aware that there may be a cable and software which I could connect to the PCB to use to diagnose the issue but have no idea where or how to get hold of it. In this way, I was hoping that the PCB itself might tell me which sensor is generating the fault and that I might use this to fault-find further.

3/ It has been suggested that the rather flakey mains, here, may be the source of my woes but it appears to be a steady 239V with little to no fluctuation.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

There's not a diagnostic tool for it but, can you get the serial number and I'll try to see what it's telling you?

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Hi kwatt,

Thank you for your reply.

The serial number is 3110069616110264

MW

Comment

It's an error code, you need to count the flashes by the look of it as per:

R.G. 132011 D2b) All LEDs are lighted fixed. The BUZZER beeps once. Should any ERROR be present in the Memory, the machine displays the last ERROR that happened in time. ALL LEDs blink at 2 Hz for a number of times equivalent to the Error Number (see the Error Description Table) and contemporarily the display visualizes the error number. i.e. In case of Clogged Filter Error = E 7, all LEDs blink 7 times at 2 Hz. After the blinking sequence, the LEDs are turned off for 3 seconds and then the Error Displaying sequence starts again. This condition is maintained until the moment the Start button is pressed. Press again the Start button, the buzzer beeps once and the test goes on. N.B. the Start button has to be pressed twice only if there is an error to display.

K.
        "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
        Working...
        X