Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch Advantixx 8 - E09

Hi,

I have a Bosch Advantixx 8 which has developed an E09 error code. Starts but cuts out after a couple of minutes.
    Removed front bottom covers, and back and cleaned out crud but nothing seems to resolve issue. Also run the machine without covers on to ensure that it's not being suffocated.

Anything else I can look at? Advice more than welcome as it will stop the ear-ache

John.

well before anyone can comment we would need the Enr ans FD numbers so we know which machine it is

have you looked in the owners manual for clues ?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by electrofix View Post
      well before anyone can comment we would need the Enr ans FD numbers so we know which machine it is

have you looked in the owners manual for clues ?

Dave
      Hi Dave, fair comment.

WTV74306UK/11 FD 9002 200135

Manual only talks about cleaning out machine.

John.

Comment

some of the post I found online seem to suggest the overheat stat on the element so I suggest you test this first

this stat is mounted on the element at the rear and you will need a multimeter to test it

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, Which one is the overheat stat? I have two sensors on top of heater element; one with a red dot on it. And one sensor which is approx 6 inches below heater element?

Comment

it will be one of the ones on top of the element

Dave

overheat.jpg

Comment

Hi,

Replaced the sensor which has the red dot as shown above but no difference, no you recommend replacing the other sensor next to it?

John

Comment

you need to get a multimeter and just check the other stat on the element not the one on top the other one. if you put the meter on the ohms scale it should be zero ohms or close to

plus check the element for continuity

changing parts without checking can get very expensive if you had checked the stat you changed you would have found it was ok

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave, I get your point but as the sensor was only 18 I thought I'd give it a chance. The other sensor under the heater is 0 ohms. I am now wondering about the heater as even though the dryer goes for a couple of mins there appears to be no heat when I touch the casing.

Comment

if you disconnect the heater and measure between the 3 large wires. the reading you get will be lowish. Expect under 200 ohms and very likely under 100 but as long as you get that sort of reading its ok. if its not it will be in the 1000,s

Dave

Comment

Dave, first of all, you have been fantastic, many thanks. I am getting a reading of 113.8 which seems to imply the heater is fine. I suppose the only thing I haven't checked is the other sensor on top of the heater.

Comment

did you check all combination to make sure you get a reading on all wires

you have 3 large wires going to the heater so check

wire 1 to wire 2
                        wire 1 to wire 3
                        wire 2 to wire 3

if any one of these do not give you a reading then heater is suspect

Dave

Comment

Yes, 28 (1.2), 85 (2.3). I am assuming I need all sensors connected but the heater element out of the machine?

Comment

that looks good you will prob find 1-3 is 50 to 60 ish

makes sense element ok and so are the main sensors

unfortunately its hard to figure out where to go from here

bosch tech info is hard to come by. as an engineer I would check the front and rear sensors but these are NTC's which is a resistor that varies with temperature to see what value they give

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X