Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat pump dryer problems

Hi

I have a John Lewis Heat pump dryer, JLTDH18 prod-916 097 425 00.
    Had it for 3 years so know they do take longer to dry but recently it is taking 2-3 cycles (up to 6 hours) for a standard load.
    Load gets hot but remains damp, as if not condensing.
    Evaporator behind filters looks a bit dusty/fluffy - anyone know how deep the evaporator unit it & can it be accessed to clean out properly?

Also, one occasion showed an E60 code, machine continued to run whilst displaying code, I cannot find a list of fault codes for this model but some searches say E60 is unbalanced door???? or heat pump fault

Any help appreciated

thanks
    Last edited by electrofix; 28-06-19, 08:58 AM.

most of the E60 series fault codes are for the heat pump. since the heat pump (fridge) causes the cold spot to allow the water to condense this is why it is not drying

first an engineer would have to find the accurate fault code as the one you are seeing is the one displayed to a customer. There are various faults listed including compressor overheat faults etc

if the compressor is the fault then the manufacturer want 181 for it and then you need a refrigeration engineer to braze it in and re-gas it

Dave

Comment

Thanks, I was a trade member here but cannot access my old log in, worked on refrigeration units for many years. Is there a way to access the accurate codes in the unit? it only ran the E60 code once, just takes forever to dry now

Comment

if you have access to the original email address for the account apply to reset password (We all had to do it due to forum software change)
        if you cant email admin

if you get trade access back can email you anything you need

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
        Working...
        X