Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beko DRVS62W heater thermostat keeps tripping

I have a Beko DRVS62W vented dryer. The heater on it tripped a few times over the summer, and in between that it wasn't drying clothes very well. It's three years old. I haven't changed how I dry clothes, and I'm mindful of the impact of things like opening the door during the cycle and keeping the filter clean.

Yesterday I replaced the heater in its entirety (including thermostat), as I assumed that either the thermostat or the heater might be faulty. When I came to try it out, it didn't seem to heat up. I removed the back cover to find that the new heater had tripped. I reset it and managed to dry some clothes with it, only for it to trip again not long afterwards.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this serial tripping?

Air blows out of the external vent well, so I don't think it's the fan. The drum rotates fine. I have removed the front sensor to check it isn't fluffed up. I've also cleaned out the filter housing, checked the vent pipe (internally and externally) and made sure the inside of the machine is clean.

​​​I have a multimeter, but I can't say I'm an expert on its use...

Many thanks in advance.

still most likely an air flow problem

Dave

Comment

Is there any way to further diagnose that? Is it worth trying to replace the fan or air pump?

Comment

strip and check for partial blockages both in the fan and hose and ducts first

also hold filters up to the light and make sure you can see right through them

Dave

Comment

Just an update.

I finally got around to looking at this. I didn't perform a full strip down because I didn't really have enough space (or confidence) to remove the drum completely.

I gave the vent hose a good vacuum/scrape out. I removed the heater and the ducting panel at the back. The air duct is fine. I also poked my arm into the duct where the fan is and could feel it was turning with the drive belt. And there were no blockages on the rear side of the fan. I also stuck the vacuum cleaner in and turned the belt round. The filter housing is clear, I've vacuumed quite a long way into the tube coming off the filter housing and the filter is in very good condition.

I reset the thermostat again and got one good load out of it, then it tripped on the next.

I'm guessing that if there is a blockage then it can only be between the filter housing and the fan itself, but I think the limits of my competency have been met here...

​​​​​Thanks for the advice.

Comment

I meant to mention that while I had the covers off the back I noticed a thin layer of fluff on the floor of the dryer. I vacuumed all of this up while I was cleaning it out, too. I don't know if that's normal or not.

Comment

after you have reset the stat does the next load work ok then it trips

what I am thinking as maybe the heater is coming on without the fan so when the motor stops the heater stays on and overheats

Dave

Comment

That does seem to be the case. After resetting it, I managed to get a load perfectly dry. The next one was on for hours and hours without drying, and without heating up.

I have another hypothesis I might test, though. I suspect it could be tripping when on the (presumably hotter) cottons load, but not on the (presumably cooler) synthetics load.

Comment

try resetting the stat and before you replace the cover plug the dryer in and set a programme but do not start it . make sure everything is out of the way of the fan in case you accidently do start it What I am trying to find out is whether the element comes on before the machine starts. if yes will be the heater relay on the board stuck closed

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X