Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indesit IDC8T3 drum not turning (the belts fine)

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indesit IDC8T3 drum not turning (the belts fine)

Hi,

Ive had a look at the 'common faults' section and it hasnt thrown anything obvious up......

The drums stopped spinning. it makes all the right noises, so powers going to it, but just not turning.
    ive youtubed it and seen how to take it apart to change the belt (the favourite culprit), but on taking the top off, i can see the belts fine. ive now taken the side off so i can see which bit isnt moving, and its the little silver spindle that the belt goes around.

if i move the drum by hand, which is easy enough, it hasnt seized, both belt AND spindle turn. put the leccy back on, switch dryer on, i can hear the motor, but the spindles not turning.

all of this suggests that nothings seized, everythings free, but somethings stopping the motor from turning the spindle.

time for a new dryer, or something fixable?

thank you for your time.

If the motor makes a humming noise the chances are the capacitor has failed, quite common.
    Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.

Comment

thanks, ive been trawling the net and found videos that do indeed suggest this. when i give it an initial turn it carries on turning. so....... ive ordered a new capacitor at around a tenner, hopefully this will be the answer.

thank you.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
      Working...
      X