Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numatic George switching on and off

I've got a Numatic George (version of the Henry which does wet and dry vacuuming) which is about 10 years old Just today it decided to start switching itself off when I was vacuuming.

I discovered that the wet spray button is not working at all but the normal dry vacuum button works when I wiggle the cable coming from the front of the machine. I opened it up to check the connections but everything looked good. Does the fact that the wet pump button is not working at all mean this is a circuit problem? And can I repair this myself?
    Last edited by kwatt; 29-10-18, 12:22 AM.

the cable is broken internally just as it goes into the centre of the reel

take the reel out and separate the 2 halves. Remove the flex then hold the outer about a foot from the end and with a pair of pliers pul the brown and blue cores firmly. chances are one of them will pull out. then cut the flex back to the break and remake it

Dave

Comment

Great. Thanks, Dave.

I've got the George, not the Henry, hence there's no internal cable reel. But will the same principle apply?

I ask also because the wet pump switch is completely inoperative at the moment whilst the dry vacuum switch works intermittently, so I'd assumed it was something other than just loose contacts.

In the meantime, I'll try what you said anyway. Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

Just carried out the cable repair. You were right! That fixed the dry/vacuum button straightaway. Thanks so much.

However, the wet spray button is still not functioning. Any ideas what could be kaput?

Comment

when you operate the button can you hear the pump ?

Dave

Comment

No, no sound at all.

Comment

well its one of 2 things

either

1 the switch has failed so it no allowing power to get to the pump

2 the pump has seized up so the internal armature does not move when energised

to check either of theses you would need a multimeter and know the basics on how to use it

Dave

Comment

Thanks, Dave.

I have a multimeter. Do I need to check continuity through the switch?

Comment

you should be able to check the switch continuity and also live and neutral right up to the pump. leave motor switch off so you don't get cross feeds

if the pumps have not been flushed through with clean water last time it was used they can corrode and seize up

Dave

Comment

Thanks, Dave. Will give it a go. If the pump is seized up, can I fix it?

Comment

maybe

you can try stripping it and seeing what its like

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X