Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoover WDM130 fills then stops

My Hoover WDM130 is set to a program , fills then stops, I have checked the heater, it is not open circuit, the thermostat shows continuity , the motor brushes etc have voltage at them but still nothing happens........... Is this a PCB problem or a motor / capacitor fault, the program just doesnt want to advance. If you manually move the programmer it will fill or drain depending on position but nothing else . Drier heater/fan runs but still no motor activity.
    I suspect motor but would appreciate a wee hand in confirming this.

Ta

Chris

Oh and I have just found out that even though the heater element has power both sides it isnt heating the water......... clues anyone??

Comment

Re: Hoover WDM130 fills then stops

It is likely the motor is the problem. After all it is the device that does all the work :wink:

Possibly at best the brushes have packed in :?: At worst = New Motor

Martin

Comment

Thanks for the tip but tested all the continuities and checked the brushes, did find that the programme selector/timer motor had power but wasnt advancing the program so I think we are down to either the module which appears to govern everything or the timer/ programmer, anyone had any experience with these machines?? Nothing happens if I manually advance the timer a touch at a time apart from the fill/ empty bit. Washing is stacking up!!!

Comment

To be honest Kristoflampie, I would call an engineer if I were you.

It will save you a lot of time and possibly money in the long run, as misdiagnosis on your part could end up with you fitting costly spares that won't be the actual fault.

Let us know your postcode, someone here should be able to help.

Dave.

Comment

Thanks Dave

Found out that Hoover do a visit for 80 and parts are free for a 2 yr old machine so swallowed my pride and called them . Parts were going to cost about 150 in total to cover all the angles , you would have thought as the module on these machines controls the motor for all its actions and the heater and a lot of other stuff something would happen when you manually advance the timer but nothing did so knowing the timer motor had power but no movement I can only suspect both could be faulty!!
            Interesting fact about these machines is that they are switched on the neutral rather than live power so things you test have power but possibly dont work as they are switched elsewhere. Being a heating engineer thats the opposite of what boilers do, neutrals are always back to the mains. Thanks for the input, any boiler problems give us a shout.!!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Kristoflampie
              Thanks for the input, any boiler problems give us a shout.!!
              Ok, will do

Dave

Comment

Thanks for all the help...... Final solution to the saga..... module.... it controls everything, even the timer so it stops too but again the little drive motor is switched on the neutral so it still shows power if tested locally to earth or neutral, bloody confusing testing a washing machine, so module changed , washing getting done as we speak

Comment

Thanks for letting us know the outcome Kristoflampie

Dave.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X