Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ariston AWD12 Spin fault

Hi,

I've got a problem with my Ariston AWD12 washer dryer. When it starts a fast spin there is an incredibly loud knocking sound. It sounds like there is an object inside the drum that is banging around but I've checked that possibility. I've also checked the prechamber and whilst there was 1 coin lodged in there, removing it has had no effect.

Note, when washing or drying the machine sounds normal, its just when it starts to do a fast spin at the end of the cycle that this loud banging sound can be heard.

Anyone got any ideas?

Ian

Re: Ariston AWD12 Spin fault

It sounds like the drum support has cracked to me, it could still be a loose object in the drum though, maybe also suspension related.

There's no real easy way to tell to be honest, it will need either an expert ear to listen to it or stripping down.

If you need an engineer to look at it for you, post your postcode here, someone should be able to assist.

Regards

Dave.

Comment

hi,

try turning each of the stainless drum paddles to the bottom position(6 oclock) and pull the inner stainless toward you...do this in turn for all three drum paddle positions....

If you have a badly cracked paddle there is sometimes excessive movement toward you as compared two the other two...

Beware of ordering parts to DIY it. Measure the rear bearing(inner diameter) theres a choice occasionally as production changes are the norm for this manufacturer.

You should also stop using the appliance until the cause of the noise is cured.

kevin

Comment

Thanks guys, I did what kheath suggested and there is indeed a lot more movement when one of the paddles is at the bottom.

This machine is still under parts warranty and Ariston's call out charge is 80. Is this a good deal for the work required to replace the drum support or am I better looking for a local solution?

Thanks

Ian

Comment

Yeah, I would call Merloni if I were you, according to their parts disk, the inner and outer drums are only replaceable as a unit at 120 plus VAT.

Dave.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
          Working...
          X