Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indesit WE16 Washing machine - CPU resets

Hi all,

I have a Indesit WE16 washing machine, and the CPU keeps resetting itself. It seems to do this randomly, including during a wash. This is not handy, as for some reason it always resets to the start of a 95C wash, so boils everything. The reset can ( and often does ) happen when the program is being put in at the start of the wash. Sometimes it ignores the program selector control.

Has anyone else experienced these sort of problems with this machine?

I believe (hope) it is a loose connection. I tried unplugging and replugging all the connectors I could see yesterday, but seem to have had no effect.

Ok, the questions I would like answered are as follows:
    1. I could not find the main control unit, can someone tell me where to look please?
    2. Are there any connections in this machine particularly prone to working loose?
    3. What is the (rough guide) cost of a new control unit?

The machine is out of warrenty ( by about 4 months ). I contacted the Indesit authorised repair centre, and they wanted a 50 fee just to walk in my door. I am in the NN3 area of Northampton ( Woodfields, near Blackthorne), Is there anyone in the area that if this is a bigger job than I can handle, I can call on for a reasonable fee?

Last of all, am I better off junking this machine and getting another one?

Thank you for reading my long and rambleing post!

Xaq

Re: Indesit WE16 Washing machine - CPU resets

Xaq,

This could simply be a connection fault between the Display Module and the main Programme Module (situated at the rear R/H/Side of machine).

However usually it would come up with an 'error code' if that was truly the case. I suspect an internal component failure within one of them, which one? .... Usually Indesit would change both!!

"50 call out charge?"...Indesit(Merloni) normally charge 80 :?

Martin

Comment

Hi.

There are two different pcb's for this machine dependant on serial number, both are about 90, the EEPROM is about 20 extra if this has failed.

That's the worst case scenario though, it may well be something else throwing the software in to a frenzy.

I would suggest you call an engineer before giving up, have a look in the directories on the main menu <<<<<<<<.

There is info there of NN postcode coverage.

Dave.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen, I'll have a look in the directory....

Cheers
        Xaq

Comment

Hi again,

Right, after the old "Poke the connections and see what makes it go whappy" routine, I think I have the answer. When I poke the connection for the rotary program select dial, or rock the dial from side to side, the machine goes crazy. If I disconnect the dial, nothing I can do makes the display go strange. Therefore I think it is the program select dial.

More questions!
          Am I going to damage the machine by running it with the dial disconnected?
          Is the dial available seperatly, or do I have to get the whole front pannel?
          What sort of cost am I looking at?

At the moment, I am switching the machine off, selecting the program I want, switching the machine back on, then jiggling the conncetion on the dial until I get a stable display. This seems to work well enough to get a wash done as long as I switch off between each wash. Leaving the lid unscrewed also seems to have helped some..

Thanks for your help so far.

Xaq

Comment

Xaq,

The Programme Selector 'Potentiometer' (Part No C00076707) is available at under 10, if you feel that is the fault?

Martin

Comment

Martin,

Under 10? you have just made my day, thank you!

Thanks to all for your help.

Xaq

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
              Working...
              X