Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ariston AWD 125 Margherita 2000 Spin Problem

Hi All.

Not having much luck with appliances over the past 2 weeks, Dishwasher gone, Dryer gone & now the washer went last night!!

Ive not really had chance to have a proper look as I got home late and ive had to come into work today, but basically the washer wont spin.

It was on a cycle and was spinning ok during the wash. It was during its spin cycle that the problem occured. My other said she heard a loudish bang and noticed that it was spinning anymore. She stopped the cycle and as expected the clothes were still wet.

The drum seems to spin freely without any tension so im suspecting the belt has snapped. Is it worth a fix and how easy is the belt to replace? I consider myself competent when replacing something like this but if it starts to get electrical then I will consider a replacement or repair by someone qualified.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Re: Ariston AWD 125 Margherita 2000 Spin Problem

Model number is wrong, should be AWD12S,

The belt is easy to inspect and replace although a new one will be very tight. The correct part number is C00074128.

Even if your belt has just slipped off it will need a new belt, if and when you get one you will be convinced you have got the wrong one and that it is too small, it is not but needs extreme force to refit it. Be sure to remove the mains plug and watch for the cabinet edges, they are rather sharp.

The belt is HERE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.

Comment

Thanks iadom.

I will get one ordered. How easy is the cabinet to open? Can you point me anywhere as to which screws need to be removed etc.

Comment

Remove the back panel. :wink:

Comment

Thanks iadom. I was replying blind having not yet looked at the back of the washer. Ive had the top off and belt has come off, but doesnt looked snapped.

There does seems to be a large screw or bolt? underneath the drum wheel and a part that looks like its come off (looks like a metal door nob). This is resting at the bottom of the washer.

Im having the back off tonight so will hopefully get some pics up if its not the belt.

Thanks

Comment

If the drum pulley securing bolt has come loose then the belt will fall off.

You need to use nutlock on the threads when refitting the bolt, you should find the belt rather tight to refit.

Comment

Managed to refit the belt, but machine still isnt spinning. The bolt/screw that I found at the bottom of the cabinet doesnt seem to fit anywhere so can only assume its got into the bottom somehow.

I suspect it could be the brushes or the motor has gone. Will investigate further and post any question I have.

Thanks

Comment

The drum pulley is secured by a large, domed Torx bolt, if that is in place and the pulley is not loose then the belt will come off again in no time at all. You do however need to find out why the motor is not running at all though.

Comment

Originally posted by lanc_red
                  The bolt/screw that I found at the bottom of the cabinet doesnt seem to fit anywhere so can only assume its got into the bottom somehow.
                  Most likely one of the transit bolts I would imagine.

Comment

An update to this thread. Heres the bolt type thing that I found in the bottom of the washer. personally i think its got in there somehow

With the belt back on, I put the belt back on a ran a spin. The motor works. We can rule this out now, but after around 10 seconds the belt slowly comes off. Ive ordered a new belt just incase its this, but a friend of mine mentioned that it could be the bearings?

Hopefully i'll get the new belt by the weekend and can give it another go. Is there anything else I could check that may give an indication of what the problem may be?

Thanks

Comment

If the drum spins smoothly and quietly when the belt is off then the bearings are OK. It is not uncommon for stretchy belts to come off once they have become to big.

Comment

Via your picture I`d say that this bolt looking thing is a motor stud that has fallen off the motor. it is not a transit bolt and it is not a drum pulley bolt. If it is a motor bolt that would account for the belt falling off. However if I was you just to be sure is to read off the belt size too, in mm and measure its actual physical length against the length printed on the belt- these belts sometimes stretch as previously commented upon. There should be a nut somewhere too!

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X