Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch WAE24162GB not advancing not spinning

We have the above 5 yr old model and the drum has stopped moving after a "pop" yesterday very early in the fill cycle and now won't spin or rotate during any program. It had been making rapid clicking noises during spinning for a few days which led me to check and replace the motor brushes yesterday (which were well worn). However, having now tried again it's still the same. I'm wondering if the "pop" damaged some other component? The machine starts to fill and after a couple of mins you can hear the timer ( or something ) regularly making two clicks as though it's trying to do something but can't. I'd appreciate any thoughts ......

Re: Bosch WAE24162GB not advancing not spinning

The pop will almost certainly be the main pcb that has blown. It could have just taken out the overload in the motor, either way huge expense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.

Comment

Re: Bosch WAE24162GB not advancing not spinning

Clicking noise is usually the commutator- the coppery looking part the brushes run against. If you remove the motor have a good look at the segments, if one is raised there is your answer and the motor is duff- the o/load would also have gone iside the motor- a bit purely academic though. As my dear friend Iadom points out this may also have duffed up the PCB too- a spiraling world of hurt and typical of appliances!

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
      Working...
      X