Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 nuts left over, help!

I have two 10 mill flange nuts left over after I did some work on my Zanussi ZWH 7142 J.

For the life of me I can't remember where they go back. Any Sherlock Holmes out there have any suggestions?

I cleaned sump and the pump, removed the motor, replaced the brushes and checked the element for blockages.

I'm pretty sure they came out between taking off the front door panel and removing the filter and pump.

Link to photo of pump assembly and Link to photo of nuts

Any suggestions really appreciated.
    Last edited by Ladder22; 12-12-18, 08:56 AM.

The only thing bolts of that size are used on any of the components you mention is on the motor.
    Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.

Comment

Many thanks Iadom, the nuts fit the motor mounting bolts.

Only thing is there are four bolts and only two nuts.

Would you have any idea if the nuts are usually on the two front bolts or the two back ones, or some other combination?

I could just get two more nuts so each bolt has a nut, but I'm a bit reluctant as there were only two originally.
      Last edited by Ladder22; 12-12-18, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Not sure about the set up on this, possibly Chinese made machine, If you could give me the full PNC number starting with 914 I could have a look. Normally on machines that only use two small bolts and two securing pegs then the bolts with the nuts on fit at the drive pulley/ belt end of the motor.

TBH putting two nuts on the other bolts wouldn't be a problem, leaving them off in the first place is just penny pinching anyway.
        Last edited by iadom; 12-12-18, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks again iodom. The PNC is 914904926 00

Comment

Diagrams not much help unfortunately, only show the old style Zanussi motor fastenings which used to be four large, self tapping screws that screw directly into the motor casing. I would fit the nuts at the drive pulley end and if you do have access to suitable nuts fitting two on the other two bolts will not do any harm, on the contrary it will make it more secure.

Comment

Thanks Iadom. I had another look, I was mistaken, they are screws with hex heads, not bolts. The nuts fit them but as I just discovered they don't tighten fully.

Back to the square one. I can't see any other place on the motor they would have come from, all I did was replace the brushes.

Would you have any other idea? The way I had them lined up on my bench they should be from the front panel or pump/sump area.

Comment

??????. Don't know of any nuts like that involved in securing front panel or pump assembly?????

Comment

No worries, thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated.

With a bit of luck the nuts didn't come from the washing machine. I'll give it a spin this evening and see what happens.
                  Last edited by Ladder22; 12-12-18, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X