Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck door on AEG Electrolux Lavamat turbo 16830 washer/drier.

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck door on AEG Electrolux Lavamat turbo 16830 washer/drier.

The door stays shut after a wash cycle; the door light stays green throughout. I have to open the door with strimmer wire every time I use the machine.
    I have replaced the door interlock mechanism, but the door behaves exactly the same.
    The door does not appear to be damaged in any way.
    What could be the problem?

well if the machine opens with a strimmer wire no probs then it must be a mechanical problem with the door opening handle

chances are this is what you will need

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/cata...?q=50277722000

Dave

Comment

Thank you for replying. I've checked the door handle mechanism, and it seems to operate properly (with the door open).
      What I can't work out is why the green light stays on all the time; when the door is shut the light should be red.
      Perhaps I should mention that the machine is 11 years old, dating back to 2007. There are therefore no error codes on this machine.

Comment

there are error codes if no display its indicated by flashing lights start button and the end light

also you said you could open it with a strimmer wire and that tells me if the hook comes back far enough then it will open. so I would have a closer look at the door handle. look for things cracked that allows things to flex so the hook wont come back as far as it should

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
        Working...
        X