Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Indesit IWDD7143s washer dryer

Hi first post have already attempted to solve this issue myself but having no luck.. basically the F06 error light flashed on the display so after abit of googling I found out that it was the Door lock, so the mechanic in me came out and wanted to see what the issue was so I pulled out the door lock and dismantled it, part of the metal mechanism had burned out and broke connection.. so woohoo ordered a new lock and thort I was done with it.. no!

now basically when I try to run a standard wash cycle the washer will begin to fill with water rotate a couple of times slowly and after the first minute will unlock and that F06 will come back up again until I switch off and on again.. now after abit if messing about I found that it will actually run a full spin and full dry cycle but as soon as I try a wash, rinse or drain cycle it will run for one minute then error will call up again.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. I may add that itís only 10 months old and have assumingle voided the warranty by replacing lock myself and saved over 100 doing so lol

how can you have saved money when a 10 month old machine is covered by a part and labour warranty ?

Dave

Comment

Because the repair itself meaning part is covered in the guarantee but the diagnostic and labour is chargable and thatís from the horses mouth
      Last edited by allwaysapleasure; 09-02-19, 06:50 AM.

Comment

So rather than pay some man £140 to fit a £12 part I thort it was just going to be the lock itself but turns out thereís more to it

Comment

but at 10 months old the guarantee covers parts and labour so no cost to you

if the old lock is not damaged you could put it back, try to make it look like its not been touched and claim under the guarantee

if that fails its most likely a board fault and you have to be able to programme a new board which normally means just hotpoint can do it

Dave

Comment

Wish they had ov just told me that over the phone then I wouldnít have bothere buyin and fitting the lock myself.. just seemed a no brainier at the time to take the route of less cost.. yeah I think I might just put old one back and play dumb to be fair!

I have been messing on with it, basically if you put it on for argument sake express wash and dry it will fill up with water then randomly unlock the door.. but if I pause and unpause cycle it will carry on as normal? You think main board is fried?

Comment

does sound like a board problem, may just need software re installing but cant be done without correct equipment

either way it does not matter all new appliances are covered at least by a 12 month parts and labour guarantee. in your case it will be 12 months parts and labour and then 4 years parts only ( provided the parts are fitted by the manufacturer and in some cases you have to register the appliance to benefit )

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
              Working...
              X