Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch Exxcel 8 VarioPerfect

Hi,new to the forum, quick question before I start tearing the above machine apart, is the drum splittable to replace the bearings or have I also been stung by the obsolescence factor? This machine is only 3 years old but the drum bearings are already starting to collapse, disappointed as our last Bosch was a beast giving almost twenty years trouble free service, thanks in anticipoation, James.

go here

https://www.bosch-home.co.uk/custome...ts/spare-parts

put your full Enr number in and see if it splits or not

Dave

Comment

electrofix, thanks for the link.....no the drum can't be split have to buy a new drum at 220 for a bearing repair of probably twenty quid max ! cheers any way James

Comment

If your buying another bosch I find the splitable drums seem to give better wear. you can use the same link to check new machine but from memory the WAN range still splits

Dave

Comment

Thanks for your help , I'll check them out, not sure whether to have a go at swapping the drum out or not, what do you think ?

Comment

I think I would try a letter to Bosch customer service first. Long shot but you never know. You are a customer, You bought bosch because of their reputation for well made products. The shock and disappointment you felt when you realised a major component failed only 3 years into the life of a product that should have lasted at the very least 5 years

you know lay it on a bit thick

all in all this component should not have failed and the way the machine is built makes it not repairable. There is rumblings in Europe to try and stop a lot of this. We are talking about global warming and making sub standard units the need scrapping every few years. That is not sustainable

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
            Working...
            X