Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Own brand versus brands like Ariel

Currently using Tesco own brand liquid colour detergent for coloured clothing and seems to do the job fine however wondered was there really much difference between the quality such as Ariel? Lastly has anyone ever tried Ecozone products and how did they find they cleaned?
    Last edited by kwatt; 02-04-19, 06:29 PM.

Big topic, start here: Whiter Whites And Brighter Colours - All About Detergents

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

from test I saw years ago seem to remember Tesco products came out quite well

Dave

Comment

It's generic. If you look at the pack you'll see it's made by the same people as make most own label as the kit do make detergent, ain't cheap.

But sometimes they hide it well.

K.

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Will stick to own brand then.

Comment

I do like the Formal soap powder from Lidl, it always cleans my clothes well. Two small things to note when using it though:

1. Obey the instructions on the box and don't be tempted to overdose just because it's a cheap brand. I've always found that I get far more bubbles than I would with the the likes of Ariel, despite dosing correctly..

2. At the start of the wash, which the machine is taking in water, just check the the drawer to make sure all the powder has gone down properly. I find a little bit left sometimes, but a wiggle of the drawer is all it needs to dislodge it.

Comment

I do repairs around London where the water is hard, and powders do make a deference, if I go to a smelly machine the first thing I ask is do they use Fairy or ecover which can be the cause. So can overloading and not useing enough powder or Liquid, Aerial is the best.
              Own brands often tell you to use more powder to get good results, I donít have a problem with customers using too much but not using enough which happens a lot now as they do not give a measuring jug with boxes of powder, a lot of People donít notice poor wash results or mouldy smelly door seal.
              15 or 30 washes do not do a good job you need at least an hour wash

Comment

Due to me being involved with some testing and, knowing more than people ought to on the topic, in this article:

https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/...hine-fast-wash

There is now an image there of industry standard test washes both out a bog standard Bosch that's nothing spectacular for wash results but shows the monumental difference between a so-called "15-minute fast wash" and a standard 40ʙC wash in the same machine. I think it's pretty darned obvious there's a massive difference. Both done with the same ballast load, both using 28g or Ariel green box bio.

The marketing crud will tell you this will clean things. It will not. Period, end of story.

You can also check if you like but, there is no HLCC fast wash program, so no clothing manufacturer nor the governing bodies recognise one, it does not exist, it's just made up by manufacturers to sell machines.

Over multiple washes, it will wreck your clothes and your machine so the moral of the story is, don't do it and don't believe the marketing claptrap as that's patently what it is.

Regardless of what you may read or be told by whatever source online, I can assure people that when you test these wash programs and detergents, actual test results do not lie.

K.
                Last edited by electrofix; 09-04-19, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                Working...
                X