Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candy GV168T3W/1-80 problem

Hello,

Hubby and I have been gifted a Candy Grando Vita washing machine today from his sister - it was working fine this morning in their house.

They drove it over to us (about 20 miles), brother-in-law fitted it and it won’t work.

Regardless of the option selected on the dial, it will flash the number 8 in 4 different locations on the display, then repeat over and over again.

After some research, I cannot seem to find a way to try and reset the washer or get it into a diagnostic mode, nor to understand what this number flashing means.

Model number is GV168T3W/1-80 and the product code is 31006789.

We have checked the anti-flood is clear and there is no water in it.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
    Last edited by kwatt; 09-06-19, 01:54 PM.

I don't know what it's doing but there's this note to clear it:

SET THE PROGRAMS KNOB BACK TO OFF AND UNPLUG THE MACHINE.LET THE MACHINE BE OFF POWER FOR AT LEAST 30 seconds, to be sure that the Self-test procedure has been reset. Actually, the washing machines with these power cards remain in the "standby" condition (electrically powered power card) even if the Programs Knob is in the OFF position.

They only seem to have digital error codes on that one, E3 etc that should be in the display.

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
    Working...
    X