Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaking drum on ISE machine

My ISE washing machine has developed a squeak when the drum is agitating. If I move the drum side to side by hand when empty, not a sound. Could this be a belt issue or something worse? I would like to fix myself if possible and I can get hold of the parts. Thanks.

Does it only squeal when it's a heavy load? Does it vibrate a lot when spinning.

Comment

It's when it is very gently swinging from side to side when agitating at the start of the cycle. I will pay attention to when it's heavily loaded but it is seldom full.

Comment

A slightly loose drive belt 'could' cause this problem. You can also get a very slight squeak/squeal from the bearing drum seal on rare occasions. My own ISE10 1606W does do this now and again but it usually manifests itself halfway through a wash cycle as the drum is tumbling slowly at the end of the tumble.. This noise is something I have witnessed on many other machines over the years, Hotpoint, Hoover etc. It rarely causes a problem, my machine has done this on and off for a couple of years now.

If it is the drive belt then the heavier the load the more noticeable it will be. Does it seem to go away as the wash continues?
        Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.

Comment

How tight should the drive belt be? When should it be replaced? Mine has been on the machine since it was new.

I've been wondering about the drive belt and drive pulley: forgive me for asking but it may be related. Is it possible that the drive pulley can become worn? Would this be possible if the machine had been out of level and on a wooden floor for a time? Could it become of a shape that looks fairly true to the amateur eye but causes the belt to align close to the lip of the drive pulley and cause squealing? Could that same worn drive pulley then cause the machine to vibrate somewhat on spinning because it wasn't completely true any more?

Comment

Any fault on a drive belt will not cause a machine to vibrate and being on an uneven floor could not possibly cause a belt or pulley to distort in any way. The belt should be quite tight however belt failure or replacement is not that common these days. If for any reason the belt is close to the lip of the drum pulley then moving it one notch further out on the motor pulley should be enough to prevent this and identify it as a possible problem.

Comment

Is it common to replace the drive pulley? Do they tend to wear or deform through time?

Comment

In all the years I was repairing these machines I replaced a total of ...none .

Comment

Removed to another thread.
                  Last edited by SabreWulf; 03-07-19, 12:29 PM. Reason: Thread divergence.

Comment

Have since used the machine fully loaded with towels and it's perfectly quiet. Do I take it that the mouse like squeak when agitating at the beginning of the cycle is nothing to worry about?

Comment

Generally most noises you need to worry about manifest themselves under heavier loads at high spin speeds. Personally I wouldn’t worry about a small squeak on start up. Just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse then get it looked at. One point, I almost never let my machine do the 1600 spin. A 1200 spin is perfectly adequate for 95% of loads, extracts almost as much moisture and is kinder to the machine and your ears.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X