Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of issues - Gorenje WA72145

Evening everyone - We have had this Gorenje machine for quite a while now but it seems to have picked up a couple of faults.

As it has got older it seems to spin unbalanced more and more to the point where it will now physically jump. Would I be right in thinking that this could be the shock absorbers wearing out? I have leveled the machine a few times but even with it level it still jumps

The other issue is that over the last few months it has tripped the power a couple of times when on a boil cycle, different times through the cycle - I have had the back off and cant see any sort of water leak or giveaway that would short electrics out

Apart from that it works and gets the job done but would the cost of replacing the shock absorbers and tracking down what is causing it to trip be more than the cost of a decent mid-range machine?

The shocks won't be an issue but I'd ideally need the ART number from the rating plate to find those and any alternatives.

The tripping, on the other hand, can be a right pain to track and, do not rule out the RCD being iffy. There's a general article here about it:

https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/...ses-a-tripping

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Hey cheers for the reply - the ART is 191034/02

Am i right in thinking that it could be the shocks wearing out that is causing it to go into unbalanced spin and bounce around more? I do have to admit that when my partner uses it she has a habit of either trying to wash one big bulky item or overloading it - I am thinking this has aged the shocks prematurely

Comment

Doing that can cause the out of balance to kick in and stop it spinning but, it won't do anything any good in any event.

K.

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Oh and sorry, the shock used (two fitted) in that model is this one:

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/1118...shock-absorber

K.

Comment

Cheers for that, the parts are cheaper than I thought they would be. The reason I think the shocks are work is when it does its ramp up to test the balance the drum is allover the place causing the machine to sometimes quite literally jump before the OOB stops it. This seems to have gotten worse as time has gone on so my thoughts were that the shocks had worn out - Im basing my thinking on what happens when car shocks wear out. Ive already checked the leveling and that the concrete weights are firmly attatched and not loose

Do you think replacing the shocks will help this situation? I dont like seeing things get thrown if they can be fixed

Comment

They take all the load so, if it's starting to rattle around then they are the most likely cause. There's no way to be able to say for sure with 100% certainty remotely but, it is most likely.

K.

Comment

Cheers - that was my thought from what I know about car suspension

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                Working...
                X