Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosch washing machine and my Bosch dryer have electrically failed at the same time

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrofix
    replied
    if you wish to look at a possible repair you can send the boards here

https://www.qer.biz/servReps.htm

Dave

Leave a comment:

• bodchris
    replied
    Thanks again, I knew this was going to be a tricky one!

Leave a comment:

• electrofix
    replied
    I am assuming the dryer is electronic as most are these days

if you could follow the power into the machine and test at the board you would probably find the power stops there. After that point the board needs to turn the power on so needs a low voltage supply to work. Its this part of the board that has failed

really depends now on how much you want to get involved. if you can remove the boards there are firms out there who can attempt a repair

Dave

Leave a comment:

• bodchris
    replied
    Thanks Dave AFAIK no other household appliances have been affected, all running OK

Leave a comment:

• electrofix
    replied
    I assume that both appliances were in use at the time of failure

if that is so it does sound like a power spike has taken out the electronics

If this is also correct then cost of repair will depend where you go and the quality of the engineer. If you go to Bosch then they would replace both boards. If the engineer is like myself then I would look at the power supply on the board to see if it could be repaired

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Bosch washing machine and my Bosch dryer have electrically failed at the same time

Both my Bosch washing machine and my Bosch dryer have no electrical power and must have stopped in the middle of the program. Circuit board has not tripped, and both the plug sockets tested and work with other electrical appliances. No other electrical failures in the house. Could anybody help please?

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
Working...
X