X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal leak in Hoover DYN 7164 DIX visiondynamic washing machine

Hi,
    I'd be grateful for any advice...
    The above washing machine has started to leak. When machine is filling at start of cycle the water seems to come straight out of below the machine and gush all over the floor.
    I've checked the filter, the drawer and all the pipes connecting. They seem OK. The door seal seems ok too.
    I used a bucket to part fill the drum from the front (with the door open) and the water very quckly came out under the drum again.
    Any suggestions?
    The machine is about 6 years old. I've successfully replaced the heating element and the brushes before but this one's got me stumped.
    James
    Last edited by kwatt; 28-06-19, 10:14 AM.

There's a hole in it somewhere, either a hose or the tank I expect and it's just a case of looking to try to find out what's busted.

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Thanks K...
      it's taken me a long time to follow up (holiday) but it's seems to be the tank. Can you repair a tank?
      james

Comment

Often yes but, you need to locate where the leak is first.

K.
        "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Thanks again - found the leak, a 2x1cm hole in the tank. Patched up with araldite and an old bit of plumbing. I'll find out if it works when (if) I put it all back together tomorrow.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
          Working...
          X