Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AWE 6517 Service light comes on, can't open the lid & won't reset!

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWE 6517 Service light comes on, can't open the lid & won't reset!

So here we have the problem,the lights are as shown on the attached picture, the start light is flashing & we do not have a display on this model.
    I can't reset & it won't change program if I turn it off and back on again. Every time I restart it the motor kicks then it stops & the same lights return.
    I have checked & cleaned out the filter, the drum is drained & I am all out of ideas!! :/

that is a motor tacho fault

on the back of the motor is a small revolving magnet. that feeds info to the timer to allow it to control the motor speed. this info is not being received so unit stops as motor would go into full spin

Dave

Comment

Well that'sgood to know, any idea what the fixis for that? :/

Comment

well could be a broken wire or it could be the tacho coil or magnet broken on the motor

would need the exact model and 12nc number to see what spares are available but the one I looked up shows a complete motor

part no 480111103472

I did find one on a quick search in France for about 70 euro but you need to prove its faulty first and its the correct part for your unit

Dave

Comment

I'll have a look at it but since I am in the UK that one os no good to me, found one around Watford for 40 or another machine for 20 in Stoke. But even that i not tempting me, this could end up going for partsor scrap!

Comment

Watford sounds good the French one is on Ebay so would send to uk but we still have to prove the motor is at fault Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, Have attached a picture of the codes. Just took the motor out and the magnet gizmo you mentioned looks in good order, however the brushes look well worn, could that be the source of the problem?
              Regards,
              Dave.

Comment

could be the brushes as if they don't touch the armature then the motor does not turn

Dave

Comment

I thought so too but taken them out to find they are both good & long! :/
                  Next idea?

Comment

well you say motor kick then unit faults out

so your still looking at a motor problem
                    tacho magnet broken should revolve with armature
                    tacho coil open circuit
                    wires from tacho to pcb broken

these are the first things to check

Dave

Comment

OK, so beyond my pay grade as it were, no idea how to do that lot!! :/ I can fix stuff that looks like it's broken and replace bits that are evidently dead but that's where it ends!!

Comment

check the wiring harness from the motor and trace it back to the timer and look for damage
                        long shot but an easy one to do

the other stuff means you would need a multimeter to check the tacho coil etc. a bit more difficult if you don't know what your doing

try looking on utube there are lots of self help vids and there is bound to be one on checking a motor

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X