Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG 76810 E20 error code

Hi

I have a AEG Lavamat 76810 washer used by a friend. One of the springs holding the drum wore through its bracket on the drum and the drum leaned over as a result. I have drilled a new hole in the support bracket and now the drum is back to its correct position.
    However when I put the machine to a wash setting the code E20 ( drain problem) appears. If I use the spin setting the spin happens and then the E20 code appears. There do not appear to be any blockages and the pump rotor can be spun with a pencil. I have tried removing connectors and replacing them as I have read that sometimes dirty contacts can be the problem.

It seems an unlikely co-incidence that I have two problems at once ( draining and the drum support). Is this likely to be a drain pump, control board or other issue please?

thanks

when the drum was out of position did it damage the wiring harness ?

Dave

Comment

hi

Thanks. Not that I know of but I should check underneath the drum. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

I am assuming the pump does not run at all

have you tried it on pump out only so you can hear the pump to see if its energising or not ?

Dave

Comment

No. Pump is not draining. I suppose I should put it on drain and check voltage across pump ?

Comment

ok just wanted to make sure
            if there is no power to the pump the drum could have damaged the harness when it popped a spring and severed the pump wire. you need to follow the wiring harness and look for damage

Dave

Comment

That's a good point. The machine is elsewhere but I will check it next time that I am in the vicinity and report back.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

John

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
              Working...
              X