Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotpoint wm64 s/no 59177833 timer?

Machine stopped mid cycle, mid rinse. Assumed brushes since getting on for a couple of years since I changed 'em,(GDA Motor), so switched off and checked no, still some life left but decided to change 'em anyway Took the motor out and blew the carbon out with an airline and replaced brushes with new - UKW supplied laminated white ones. Released the brushes, replaced motor and connected the the spade terminals.

Refitted the motor and reconnected the cableform. I've had in the past to replace the bit of the cableform that connects to the motor with 7 individual carefully labelled crimps. These connect to the remains of the cableform going to the timer pcb (solder joints and heatshrink sleeving).

Shut the door, reconnected power, and try. Door interlock kicks in, nice steady red light. (I've had a dodgy doorswitch years ago causing the red light to flicker during run.

Select a rinse cycle. Machine fills, motor does not run. Clicking the controller thro the rinse program causes the pump to run and and the tub to empty. Motor does not run. It's possible to select a program, fill the tub and get the timer to run and count through the program until the pump starts, tub empties. Motor does not run. No idea if the timing is anywhere right though. I have a spare gda motor I have used in the past. Tried it. no difference.

The timer is marked AK0 904 2440 04 also 513280 448 REV if that's any help. No obvious signs of scorch marks, peeling tracks on the board etc.

I switched off and pulled the motor connector off the pcb and carefully checked for continuity of the cableform between the pcb connector and the motor connector. All apparently good, no breaks.

I'm concerned that a device on the pcb might have failed, but those timers ain't cheap. Unfortunately, I don't have a manual / circuit diagram, I understand they're no longer available - and even if I did I doubt it would give me the info to fault find to component level.

Anyone out there point me in the right direction? It'd be a shame to scrap what's been a reliable if basic workhorse for over 20 years if there's an easy fix.

Hopper

some of these timers have a 6.3a 20mm fuse on the board

Dave

Comment

Thanks, Dave.

Checked carefully, Apparently not on this board unfortunately.

Access is difficult. Had to use a torch and mirror to see. Just lots of wires to and from the board.

Any other ideas?

Hopper

Comment

have you checked motor for continuity. there is a thermal cut out in series with the armature that sometimes blows when the brushes go

used to be part no TOC17 but I think its obsolete now. have only found 1 pic of it in google but does not to be on web page when you look

Dave
        Last edited by electrofix; 05-09-19, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
        Working...
        X