Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LG wm142225fd intermittent drain error

Hello. I have an intermittent problem where my washing machine fails to drain. I've checked for blockages etc. When it doesn't drain I turn it off and on again and put it on a spin-only cycle. If it doesn't start draining on its own it can be persuaded to by a punch to the drain pump area. My wife doesn't think this is a long-term solution

I've have replaced the drain pump, and cleaned the contacts connecting it which hasn't made any difference. I gather the next step may be to replace the PCB, but I'm wondering if there is any mileage in reflowing any solder in the existing one? Also, there would appear to be another pump on the wastewater outlet next to the drain pump. Could that be faulty and causing this problem?

Cheers

Phil

there are 2 pumps and the question is did you change the correct one

one pump recirculates the water normally through a nozzle in the door gasket
    the other one drains the machine

Dave

Comment

I'm almost certain I replaced the drain pump as I bought it from a listing on eBay for a drain pump:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fits-LG-W...72.m2749.l2649

So the other one presumably isn't involved in draining and therefore isn't my problem.

Seemingly the PCB is obsolete now so I'm waiting for a second hand one on eBay.

Would the PCB from a WM-12225FD work? Seems to have a slower top spedd than mine...

Comment

both pumps are identical

find the outlet hose that drains the machine and follow it into the machine up to the pump. if it goes to the side you have renewed then ok but if not you changed the wrong pump

Dave

pmp262_lg_washing_machine_pump_2.jpg

this is a common LG pump. in this case the left one drains the machine
        Last edited by electrofix; 10-09-19, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
        Working...
        X