Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logik L612WM13 - loud drum

hello,

we have a very loud drum when it spins? by hand, even louder with washing in if someone could please assist?

thanks in advance

Rob

Re: Logik L612WM13 - loud drum

Sounds like a classic bearing failure.

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

.......and time to buy a new machine :?

Comment

Pretty much.

K.
        "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

a new washing machine really ??? can it not be repaired ??

Comment

Originally posted by robhaines
            can it not be repaired ??
            It's made in China I believe but parts are available over here. Probably need a drum rear half though I suspect also the drum shaft will be badly damaged given the noise it makes. Cost of parts may equal close to what you paid for it.

In essence it's a machine on a budget that when they fail in such a major way it is beyond economical repair.

But yes, it can be fixed

Comment

I've changed loads of bearings on these 6205 and 6206 bearings fitted and a zanussi bearing seal is the exact size these washer are easy to work on to

Comment

From what Zanussi bearing kit? Size of oil seal please. Do you mean the Zanussi `small bearing kit` thought that was 6204 6205 same as Hotpoint kit for WM / 95 series. Some Logiks are Turkish but most are Chinese.

Yes, this model is Chinese and made by Midea. Note on original question: other than Partmaster Connect where you will be well hammered on the price of parts ( but the pictures are useful to you ) and where you can`t buy just the bearings/oil seal ( and tech information is purposely scant ) only the expensive rear half tank but you could try E-bay. There`s several firms that buy up bankrupt stock ( a domestic appliance growth industry! ) try estockagility or selectstock1 they often have cheap clearance parts or just type in `Logik washing machine spares` and see what comes up. However, do not expect to necessarily find what u want under Logik you might have to try under Haier, I think Haier and Midea share a great deal of parts but there`s no official X referencing ( there is bound to be somewhere but not in English ). Be careful with the rear half tanks as the Turkish Bush and mostly Chinese Haier and Logik ones look similar but are not the same. So long as the drum and shaft has not been battered and thrashed then trashed to hell, which is where most folks mess up, 2 of the 3 most common bearing sizes on planet earth should cost you well less than 6 quid each and the oil seal, which will have its sizes marked on the seal as per the bearings, less than 5 quid. Oil seal size could be 35x56x10/11.5 part number 0020300441 BUT check yours first before ordering. Check your bearing sizes too they might be 6204 and 6205 rather than 6206 and 6205 ( which are seen on Turkish machines such as some F and A series Bush models ) . Sorry I can`t be more specific, info on this stuff is very confusing. Well worth having a go to fix it.

Comment

thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by robhaines
                    thanks everyone
                    Do let us know what machine you replaced it with Rob.

Comment

i just fixed mine you can get the kit on ebay for less than 10 the kit is for an lg washing machine and contains the correct bearings and oil seal 6205 and 6206 bearings and seal 37 x 66 x 10/12 WD1050FHB, WD1176FB, WD1223FB, WD10131F, lg machines hope this helps

Comment

As this is the only ever forum post on what parts are required to replace the bearings on this model washing machine then I thank you for taking the time to post the part details.

Just for reference, the two bearings and the seal on eBay are now 14.50. Still found them searching for the same part codes

Comment

Affresh

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X