Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosch HCE422120V/09 convection oven tripping earth detect on panel.

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch HCE422120V/09 convection oven tripping earth detect on panel.

The above trips when oven is on top element only or both elements. Does not trip on bottom element only. I have replaced the top element twice with 2 new elements but does not fix the problem. Thermostat functions properly on bottom element but trips panel when it operates on top element. Top elements heat up without problem until board is tripped by thermostat cutting in. Any suggestions, is it the selector switch?
    Last edited by electrofix; 16-06-19, 07:40 AM.

Originally posted by alan0847 View Post
    Top elements heat up without problem until board is tripped by thermostat cutting in.
    ]

assume you mean thermostat cuts out when it get up to temperature

where did you get the element from?
    is it a genuine element or a copy

this fault does still sound like an element fault. If it was the switch or controls it would not need to get hot before it trip. I am assuming that while its cold you can turn the thermostat on and off without it tripping

Dave

Comment

Thanks for the reply Dave, I have both, one is a copy and the other is original. I have a third one which is a copy, Iíll give it a try.
      thanks Alan

Comment

Iíve just been checking the small print on the elements which is very difficult to read. The original element is rated at 400v and the new ones only 240v. Thatís probably the problem donít you think?
        Last edited by electrofix; 16-06-19, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alan0847 View Post
          Iíve just been checking the small print on the elements which is very difficult to read. The original element is rated at 400v and the new ones only 240v. Thatís probably the problem donít you think?
          no that's not a problem. the only place you will get 400v is in a factory and the oven is not built for it

Dave

Comment

Iím in. Sweden, the oven is rated for 240/400v and has a 3 phase connection.
            Ive got it on at the moment and it seems to be working ok at 200c. It wouldnít stay on yesterday. Iím wondering if it was the damp in the element problem that I read about. Iíll let you know if itís starts to trip again.
            Alan

Comment

does sound like damp the way its reacting

as the damp gets driven out unit can trip. as damp get less unit stays on longer till all being well its ok

if oven is operated on 3 phase then elements will be equally split between phases but elements still operate on 240v. if you put element on 400 v you would double its output to 4kw and things would seriously overheat

Dave

Comment

Oven is working ok because top elements have stopped working, Iíve ordered a 400v element here in Sweden. Thanks for your help iíll let you know how I get on. These elements are expensive near £100.
                Alan

Comment

Received and fitted 400v element, now working ok.
                  Alan

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X