Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric whirlpool oven error

Whirlpool Gold (GBS277) electric oven acting funny since a serious of power outages one day. Both elements still work, but don't come on when they "should". The small fan on the "outside" of the oven runs continuously (this is -not- the convection fan inside the oven).

If you press and hold "Off" for 5 seconds, it displays "E1 -F3-". From what I can tell, that should be an error code to indicate a shorted temperature sensor (though most websites don't list an E1/F3 error, but show F3/E1 instead). I removed the temperature sensor and it measures an expected resistance (around 1K ohm). I measured the connector for it too for grins, and it is not shorted.

I've reset power to the oven, but no change. Is there a "reset" process I need to do (like holding certain button(s) while powering on or something)?

Re: electric whirlpool oven error

Can you post the model number and the product code beggining 85?????? please, GBS277 isn't a correct model.

Dave.

Comment

That was the abbreviated model number, as shown on the User & Care Guide. The full model is GBS277PDB3, as shown on the sticker on the oven door.

Comment

Hi
        Still not happening with that model. Look, as Dave asked for the 85..... number it is 12 digits in length, then we in business.

Greg

Comment

What I provided is the model number as listed on the sticker inside the oven door. I know of nowhere else to look for this mysterious 85... number. Keep in mind also, this is a model sold and used in America (not sure if the UK models are numbed differently maybe).

Comment

USA model chaps - it ain't going to be on the tech disc............

Best bet with this Teraya might be to take it over to www.repairclinic.com or www.applianceguru.com . The latter is barking mad as we say in England, but they both know their stuff and are US based.

We manage to support an Australasian forum, but we've never really pulled in any US technicians to get that side going.

Post back when you get some results - I for one would like to know what happened.

Good luck and regards,
            Penguin45.
            Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?

Comment

Thanks. I have it posted in three other forums too. Once I get it figured out, I'll update all threads with what happened. Thanks for the links, I'll post it onto those two forums as well.

Comment

For anyone curious, the issue has been resolved. A repair tech replaced the control panel as well as the temp sensor. It's fixed, but can't be sure which part was (or if both parts were) bad.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                Working...
                X