Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Power to Machine

Model GWL11US

Washed a load of clothes. Machine went through cycle. I opened the machine and found some suds as well as a spot of water. I tried to turn machine back on to run through the spin cycle to run off the excess water, etc. When I went to press the power button, nothing happened. Pulled the plug to "refresh" the machine. Waited and replugged in and same result...nothing. Ohmed out motor which checked out good at 32 ohms, power going to the washer is fine, drained off excess water manually and tried to power on again with the same results.

I am to the conclusion that the motor control board is bad and I need an new one. I would like a response perhaps to back up my theory or perhaps someone to make a suggestion as to what to test next...

Thanks in advance...

Re: Lost Power to Machine

Originally posted by busybeaver
    Model GWL11US
    Very few of us on UK Whitegoods are familiar with US made washing machines. Perhaps you could tell us what make a GWL11US is? It's probably a top-loader is it?

Comment

Pump blocked or faulty possibly?

K.
      "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

This is a US spec Fisher + Paykel top loader. I regret that I have no tech info specifically for the 110v machines, but a read of Australasian Forum (next forum up) should be pretty revealing.

Regards,
        Penguin45.
        Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?

Comment

If no power more than likely Motor Controller (Main PCB )
          Main reason this happens because of faulty Divertor Valve
          IE The thing next to pump
          Divertor craps out & takes The PCB with it

Comment

Affresh

Collapse
          Working...
          X