Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice build up in freezer, which heating element do i need?

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice build up in freezer, which heating element do i need?

I have a Kuppersbusch IKE 458-4-4T fridge freezer. There is ice building up at the back so presumably the heating element is not working and needs replacing. Looking at the parts diagram (https://shop.electrolux.co.uk/search/?text=92578170500 (click on cooling system)), there are two; a 'heating element conveyor' and another labelled 'heating 230v'. Whats the difference between the two and which one do i need?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by kwatt; 05-04-19, 10:46 AM.

The simple thing to do is disconnect them and check the continuity of both to see which one is faulty.

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

There are three versions of this model:
      IKE 458-4- 4T 925781701
      IKE 458-4- 4T 925781705
      IKE 458-4- 4T 925781705 02

We are the UK & Ireland service agent and spares distributor- if you confirm which model it is then we can supply you with the exploded view and spares list.

Glotech Repairs

Comment

Originally posted by glotechrepairs View Post
        There are three versions of this model:
        IKE 458-4- 4T 925781701
        IKE 458-4- 4T 925781705
        IKE 458-4- 4T 925781705 02

We are the UK & Ireland service agent and spares distributor- if you confirm which model it is then we can supply you with the exploded view and spares list.

Glotech Repairs
        Great, thanks. The PNC is 92578170500 and the serial number is 70200010

Comment

Originally posted by Rugbyjack2005 View Post

Great, thanks. The PNC is 92578170500 and the serial number is 70200010
          Hi

It won't let me upload the exploded view and spares list as the document is too large. If you email us at repairs@glotech.com then we can email you the info.

Comment

the issue may be the limit switch, you can let us know
            Most domestic appliance spare parts are available to buy cheap with quick UK wide delivery through our secure payment facilities. For washing machine, dishwasher, oven, cooker, fridge freezer spare parts and more, it has to be UK Whitegoods
            Last edited by kwatt; 18-04-19, 09:17 AM.

Comment

All sorted now thanks. It was the gutter heating element (10) in the diagram that I linked to.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
              Working...
              X