Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotpoint Aquarius WMPG 742 Washing Machine Bearings

Hello there,

I am wondering if someone can help me. I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WMPG 742 washing machine and it has recently started sounding like a jet plane taking off when on fast spin at the end of the wash cycle. I have spun the drum by hand and there is a grinding noise which is making me suspect the bearings are shot. I have tried to chat with an online adviser from Hotpoint and they have informed me that they do not sell the bearings separately, they come with the drum assembly. I am hoping that there is some way of buying the bearing kit but am having trouble finding a service manual to attain the part number/s. If i cannot get the bearing kit then i will buy a new washing machine. Thanks in advance for any help.

• iadom
    replied
    Hard to say these days, Miele are mainly splittable drums but at a cost. Some Bosch machines are sealed drums, some not. Things change so quickly and as sealed drums are cheaper to produce and the general public go for cheap over quality most of the time manufacturers are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisEvans
    replied
    Originally posted by iadom View Post
    Most machines on the market have completely sealed drums and have done so for many years now. The drum for this machine is 163:00.

How old is the machine, if under five years old it's covered by their five year parts warranty, if over five then time for the tip.

https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/...ou-should-care

Thanks for the help iadom. Bloody typical is this. Looks like it is going to be a new washing machine then. Any ideas on what make to buy please? So much for saving the planet, more like filling the planet.

Thank again.

Leave a comment:

• iadom
    replied
    Most machines on the market have completely sealed drums and have done so for many years now. The drum for this machine is 163:00.

How old is the machine, if under five years old it's covered by their five year parts warranty, if over five then time for the tip.

https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/...ou-should-care
    Last edited by iadom; 11-04-19, 04:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

Affresh

Collapse
Working...
X