UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Washing Machine Help Forum

Zanussi E20 error code, but it can drain...

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Get spare parts for washing machines

Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

by zanky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Zanussi Jet system WJD 1257W

Hi,

My washer dryer stopped dead during the wash cycle with 28 mins left. It displayed an E20 error code, having consulted the manual, I drained the water manually. The filter was completely clear.
I was then able to run not one but two rinse cycles without a problem.
However, the next day the machine stops at 28 mins again, when I switched it off and left it for an hour, on turning on again it drained, however got stuck on the rinse cycle.
However, 2 further rinse cycles were without incident.
Given it does seem to be able to drain, what could be wrong?
I am trying to figure out whether to repair or get a new machine, but if anyone knows what a likely cause is I can determine approx cost of a fix, which I would rather do.
Many thanks.
zanky
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Washing machine door seal gaskets

If need a new door seal for your washing machine you can buy a replacement seal in our store here for all major washing machine brands with many low cost compatible seals available and many other washing machine spare parts. And for more detailed advice or support on how to replace a washing machine door gasket please see our fitting instructions here

A washing machine door seal or gasket, an important part in your washing machine

by electrofix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:26 pm

there are 3 fault codes associated with E20 but you have to be in engineering mode to find exact code

poss faults
blockages the machine senses water level through air pressure. this gets gummed up and has to be cleared out otherwise it causes an E21 fault ( you will see E20)

the other 2 faults in this set are noramlly down to a pcb fault so not normally repairable cheaply

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Forum Moderator

by zanky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanks so much for the response.
I asked Zanussi how much a pcb was, they said £200! Not even sure if that's with or without vat!
So, if two out of three of the possible causes are pcb related, looks like I might be better getting a new machine...
Is there any way, I can find out the exact code, without opening the machine up or anything, that's well beyond me, but maybe some sequence of pressing the buttons or something?
many thanks
zanky
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by electrofix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:53 pm

switch off machine

hold start and pause button
switch on machine and wait till display and leds start flashing
then press wash select buttons to run through various tests
if you kepp pressing one of them will give you last E code

to get out of this mode turn off turn on then turn off again then your back to normal

Dave
electrofix

by zanky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Ok, had a go but nothing happened, for some reason decided to hold down the start/pause and the skip/reset button and then it did all light up, the led's lighting up in sequence.
I started to push some of the buttons and all that happened was the machine started filling with water, the only code that came up was EEO, don't know if that means anything to you or anybody.
I probably didn't do the test correctly, but it was worth a shot...
zanky
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by Martin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:53 am

Rather than messing about pressing buttons, have you actually physically checked to see if the pump is knackered? Have you taken the pump inlet and outlet hoses off and checked for possible obstructions?
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/